Cdi official pre order for 2011

I'm looking at getting Multi Color lights for my mega tree for next year, LED of course. While I had LED mega tree this year it was Red and it looks nice in person, but it is a PAIN to tape, so I figure multi would make it easier to tape. My Q is, for a mega tree, should I get the M6's or the C6's?

Rob

I use C6 on my 20" mega tree and it really stood out........We have a street lamp not far from it and I was concerned about that but the C6 are really bright
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

Do you have any more information about your incandescent lights you are offering on this page http://www.creativedisplays.com/siteresources/data/files/inccandescent%20mini%20lights%2012-9-10.pdf

What does 3*6*3 and 2*4*2 stand for? What colors are the minis available in?

Here is more information:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/siteresources/modules/webstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=449

3X6X3 is six inch spacing with a 3 inch lead - 2X4X2 is 4 inch spacing with a 2 inch lead.

I'm looking at getting Multi Color lights for my mega tree for next year, LED of course. While I had LED mega tree this year it was Red and it looks nice in person, but it is a PAIN to tape, so I figure multi would make it easier to tape. My Q is, for a mega tree, should I get the M6's or the C6's?

Rob

They all use the same LED - just different lenses (M6, C6 and 5MM lenses) I prefer the C6 as I think it has more radiant light.

I am seriously considering jumping into the LED world this year. I need 15 strings of icicle lights. Since there are 12 to a case I would like to see if someone would like to share the cost of one of the cases. I don't want to hijack the post, so I was wondering where is the best place to post that type of question?

Down near the bottom of the main forum page you will see a section with different state names. Go in there and make a post. Describe what you want to do and what part of Cali you live in. See if someone within driving distance is willing to sell the few strings you need or to buy off of you the extra strings you do not need. Thats how I would go about it.

Which are better, xenon or LED strobes? I've heard LED has a problem not firing as random. I'll have twenty under the first and second floor eves. I'm looking for a fast random firing pattern. Can someone who has seen both let me know please. Thanks.

I like the "pop" of the Xenon. The LED is more of a blink.

Hello, I was interested in buying some of the LED Net Lights (about 48 strings/nets). However, I noticed the description said, "2 PIECE CONSTRUCTION WITH LAMP LOCK, INDOOR/OUTDOOR." Is this 2 piece construction able to keep water out? I have seen a few posts warning about two piece construction and corrosion. These nets will be used outdoors so I was hoping for a water resistant one piece construction. Please LMK if I am not understanding the 2 piece construction with lamp lock description.

Hello, I was interested in buying some of the LED Net Lights (about 48 strings/nets). However, I noticed the description said, "2 PIECE CONSTRUCTION WITH LAMP LOCK, INDOOR/OUTDOOR." Is this 2 piece construction able to keep water out? I have seen a few posts warning about two piece construction and corrosion. These nets will be used outdoors so I was hoping for a water resistant one piece construction. Please LMK if I am not understanding the 2 piece construction with lamp lock description.

The problem with net lights is that they are so labor intensive to make, a lot of factories don't want to mess with them. These are two peice construction, but are made with a copper leg instead of the metal leg that rusts. That is the new UL requirement.

The problem with net lights is that they are so labor intensive to make, a lot of factories don't want to mess with them. These are two peice construction, but are made with a copper leg instead of the metal leg that rusts. That is the new UL requirement.

Thanks Paul... As long as the rust problem is solved, I will be placing an order. The only LED lights I ever had problems with were some 2 piece ones that rusted after one season.

Michael

How are the LED Icicle lights from CDI. Has anyone had any issues this past season? I see alot of responses about other lights, but what about the icicle lights?

I Love the icicles... they are honestly the prettiest and brightest icicles I have ever personally seen.

I got 24 strings of Blue LED icicles last year and only had one failure... replaced the fuse and it worked for a bit... but failed again each time i replaced the fuse. I talked to Paul and he is replacing the string with a new one in my next order... I do plan on buying another 48 strings this year!! :)