2011 Florida Mini? Florida group buy?

I've finally stopped building this year's display, and I'm starting to think about 2011. Has there been any discussion of where/when the 2011 Florida mini might be? Also, are there any plans to have a Florida group buy again? I missed it for 2010 but definitely want to take part in 2011.

Hi, we haven't talked about it yet. This time of year everyone is busy with their displays. We had a group buy a few months back. In April we had the Florida Mini in Tampa. Who knows where it might be this year and when. Jacksonville, Miami? No telling, it might even be at your house! We listen to our decorators here and go where they tell us and where there is a place to host. The time of the year changes each year. Keep the talk up and we will see what happens. : )

While I cannot offer my house to host the mini, I will offer to bring some of the display elements I built for 2010, such as the 2D light tree and the wheel. I learned a lot by looking at the display elements that folks were kind enough to bring to the 2009 mini, so I would be glad to return the favor.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the display is down and put away for the season. We would love to see a mini and possibly a group buy. Where...?? My vote is anywhere except Key West or the western panhandle. I'm thinking centralized. Jacksonville could be good tho..

• 2 months later...

Ok, the display is down and put away for the season. We would love to see a mini and possibly a group buy. Where...?? My vote is anywhere except Key West or the western panhandle. I'm thinking centralized. Jacksonville could be good tho..

How the heck is "Jacksonville" centralized? It's at the North-East end of the state before going into Georgia.

If it were in or near Orlando, then I'd go, but Jax is just too dang far to travel.

Edited by LOR-CF

I vote for more central part of Florida also, J'ville is several hours away. Any takers for holding mini or anything?

What I want to know is when the actual city that is in the CENTER of Florida was always the ONLY AREA of Florida called Central Florida and that WAS "Orlando". How the heck did all these outer-lying cities become "Centralized" in Florida? Some idiot newscaster I think started this crap years ago and it has stuck, but makes no sense because Tampa, Jacksonville, Daytona/Daytona Beach ARE NOT Central Florida! Orlando is, and was, the only true centeralized town/city in Florida because of it's location in Florida.

So it still irks mes to see folks calling towns that are HOURS away, sometiomes 2-1/2 to 3+ hours from the REAL Central part of the state of Florida(Orlando) "Central Florida", when in reality they are not!.

And it's at a minimum depending on where you live in the Orlando area 2-1/2 to 3 hours to Jacksonville, a town I hate because it;s so dang easy to get lost and spend hours trying to find your destination location. I don't get lost very easily, but every time I go to JAX for anything, it seems the route I planned is now under construction, detoured, closed or something, so everytime O go there, yes, I end up lost. So that 2-1/2-3 hour trip has now turned into 4-5 hours to find and get to my destination. So I will NEVER go to JAX for anything, just too many bad experiences there and the traffic is HORRENDOUS! Worse than Orlando at rush hour, even during slow hours JAX is horrid for traffic. Needless to say I do not go to JAX any more.

I don't mind going to Melbourne, FL, Cocoa, Daytona/Daytona Beach, Maitland, Orlando, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, Longwood, Oviedo, Titusvuille or any city/town within a 45 minute tio 1 hour drive from Orlando. More than that, you can count me out!

Edited by LOR-CF

I agree, that is why I have not suggested Ocala, Orlando is central Fl. But if we have a mini I will try to make it whereever it is.

Earle

Actually I don't, and wouldn't mind the Ocala/Silver Springs. Wife's family all hails from that area(Ocala) and it's only about a 45 minute or so drive from my location. Also have a few of my paranormal group that live up there, so I could actually have a mini paranormal get together with the folks in the area as well as get to go to the Florida mini too.

How the heck is "Jacksonville" centralized? It's at the North-East end of the state before going into Georgia.

If it were in or near Orlando, then I'd go, but Jax is just too dang far to travel.

Hey LOR-CF...I did not say J-ville is central Fl. I said J-vill could be an option...I would also like to see in O town. Lot closer for me.rolleyes.gif