i've been searching the posts for quite a while now for a new transmitter. i have an old drive thru transmitter (has no brand name on it) and it hooks up to a regular car antenna, but have problems with it when it's too cold. so i want a new one and have found some posts of comparing two models and this and that. but could we put what everyone uses in one post? i'd also like to know what kind of antenna you use with it. i don't need anything to big. just so it can be heard in front and to the side of the house. i have a corner lot and i can't get my signal to go in front and to the side of the house, and can't get a signal in my steel garage. thanks for all your advice.

i've been searching the posts for quite a while now for a new transmitter. i have an old drive thru transmitter (has no brand name on it) and it hooks up to a regular car antenna, but have problems with it when it's too cold. so i want a new one and have found some posts of comparing two models and this and that. but could we put what everyone uses in one post? i'd also like to know what kind of antenna you use with it. i don't need anything to big. just so it can be heard in front and to the side of the house. i have a corner lot and i can't get my signal to go in front and to the side of the house, and can't get a signal in my steel garage. thanks for all your advice.

Mobile black box eclipse 4000 works great with no hassles Have their telescoping antenna all directions about 1200 ft clear as a bell

just got a reply back from mobile black box, i asked when they were getting more 400's in and their reply was....

Hi,

We may have some refurbished units sometime in 2011; otherwise we have discontinued the model.

We are introducing a new generation of transmitters in 2011.

Customer Service

LOL - I must be retro... use the basic Belkin Tunecast 1 (4 frequencies)... cracked the case and soldered in a 1/2-wave antenna made of speaker wire... red-duct-taped plastic over it on my 12' pvc antenna post and I'm good to about 1000' ...

About $6 total for transmitter (on EBay) and speaker wire... plus my time I suppose. NO NEED to transmit any further and absolutely NO ability to SPEND more than that with the "budget police" watching the annual show expenses (ROTFL)!

We had switched from a DIY two years ago to the Eclipse 4000 I can say where we live and using the standard antenna we have broadcast up to .4 miles from our house here in Pacifica, CA. We have been extremely pleased with the MBB product and would recommend them, . Friends laugh when they tune the radio in and pick us up at the gas station which is 1/2 mile away its our joke to see how far you go before losing the signal. our two cents worth

Dennis

Pacifica, CA

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in one of these, anyone have any thoughts?

Another vote for EDM LCD... I have mine installed in the basement about 100ft from the road. The transmitter worked well before the installation of an outdoor antenna, but I had very little Bass. A coax cable now runs out the basement window to an antenna that is behind some trees. Clarity is amazing.

Another vote for EDM LCD... I have mine installed in the basement about 100ft from the road. The transmitter worked well before the installation of an outdoor antenna, but I had very little Bass. A coax cable now runs out the basement window to an antenna that is behind some trees. Clarity is amazing.

what kind of antenna are you using?

what kind of antenna are you using?

I did a little searching and came to this cheap antenna on ebay...

I know it's not the best out there, but it was local for me, and I'm very satisfied with the results I got out of it... I just mounted it on a pole (not included) with the included attachment hardware and ziptied that to an existing deck post.