Incandescent Mini Clear & LED 5mm Warm White....

Do you think an Incandescent Mini Clear, and a 5mm LED Warm White, besides the shape ( in some cases ) could pass for one another in a display?

Trying to get back into doing animated Christmas displays again, and looking into getting some LEDs... I still have some R,G,B half wave from 07 (around 24 of each)...

As for the colors I plan on working with, would be the standard Green, Red, White..

I will need to get more Red, and Green but for White, I'm wanting to stay with the color of an incandescent clear mini which from my understanding would be consider a Warm White in an LED...

I do have a lot of incandescent clear minis, so could I just use my incandescent minis with the Red, and Green LEDs and get the same effect as if there where Warm White LEDs?

If the look would be some what the same, I could live with that for now, and save a lot of money....

Do you think it could work out, OK?

I have in the past used the incandescent clear minis with red and green LEDs and it looked just fine. Couldn't tell the difference standing on the road and looking at them, but if you got up close, real close, you could see that the bulbs are different. Now that they have finally come out with some better looking warm white LEDs..I am using them now.

Do you think an Incandescent Mini Clear, and a 5mm LED Warm White, besides the shape ( in some cases ) could pass for one another in a display?

Trying to get back into doing animated Christmas displays again, and looking into getting some LEDs... I still have some R,G,B half wave from 07 (around 24 of each)...

As for the colors I plan on working with, would be the standard Green, Red, White..

I will need to get more Red, and Green but for White, I'm wanting to stay with the color of an incandescent clear mini which from my understanding would be consider a Warm White in an LED...

I do have a lot of incandescent clear minis, so could I just use my incandescent minis with the Red, and Green LEDs and get the same effect as if there where Warm White LEDs?

If the look would be some what the same, I could live with that for now, and save a lot of money....

Do you think it could work out, OK?

David,

I use both warm white m5's and clear mini's in my display and the difference is hardly discernible. The only difference that has to be taken in consideration is the differing ramp and fade rates of Led's compared to incandescent.