Taking down Christmas decorations?

scotty2403

Whenever time and weather allows. Right now there's about 30 inches of snow on the ground. New years day I'll probably take down the blow molds, garland, and another other clearly visible decor. The lights will come down whenever we get a break in the weather. It has been a brutal winter around here thus far.

I will start on New Years day........last year it was about 2 weeks after but it was so cold and the weather was so strange and the only reason I got it up then last year I was out running the next snow storm. That being said they are forcasting 60 saturday so unless the rain moves in early I will try to do as much as possible then

Man, I can't believe how early everybody starts tear down. After over 250 hours of set up I'd like to enjoy mine through Feb. but I'll run it through the 6th. and then, with a tear in my eye,reluctantly pull the plug.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I hate it to take my stuff down after New Year's always makes me sad. I got thinking about it last night. The weather isn't too bad around here so I might leave mine up until the 5th or 6th. Like you say we spend so much time putting our lights up and it's so much fun to enjoy them. I do leave some of my snowmen out for January and February. Does anybody else do that?

Edited by scotty2403
more info

Man, I can't believe how early everybody starts tear down. After over 250 hours of set up I'd like to enjoy mine through Feb. but I'll run it through the 6th. and then, with a tear in my eye,reluctantly pull the plug.

Agreed, Christmas isn't over until the 12th day, or Jan 6th (aka Epiphany) and my lights will stay on until then. Then I will peel away the layers as I have time: inflatables first, then 3D and yard elements, and house lights last. But hey, there's only 360 days until NEXT Christmas!

ShantaClausSm.png

I like to wait till at least New Years. Since CHRISTmas is all about Jesus, I like to wait till Jan 6 (Three Kings Day), however, that sometimes doesn't happy due to scheduling and work.

I find it disappointing to those that pull the plug the day after Christmas, especially here in FL when we don't have bad weather to deal with.

Mine will come down tomorrow. Wife is superstitious about having it up on New Year's Day. Bad luck, she says.

I told her, with our luck(bad), maybe we should leave it up just to see what happens. lol

LOL! Yeah, your luck sounds a lot like mine!

Seriously though I have never heard about superstitions of having Christmas lights up on New Year's Day. That's a new one to me.