Washington Mini 2011

What date is best for you to attend the WA Mini 2011?  

1. 1. What date is best for you to attend the WA Mini 2011?

• Saturday April 16th
    • Saturday April 30th

Is this enough warning?

The 2011 Washington State Mini is being organized now. We need your help to decide the date.

It will be on either April 16th or April 30th.

Please vote for your best date.

Oh and before we get all sorts of comments, "Everyone is invited". You don't have to live in Washington (or even like their football teams) to go to the Mini.

Of course there will be lots of How-To's, some more hands on stuff, and lots of door prises (must be present to win).

So vote for your best date.

Same place as last year but Bill has a brand new garage!!!

Just wanted to add a quick note for those in the Puget Sound area. Sunday, January 9th is the last day of the Puyallup Home & Garden Show at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. I was there today and found a Holiday Light Saver booth that will tempt many of us! If you're not able to get there, definately check out their website at http://holidaystoragesolutions.com

Nice to see we have some new names in the group. It will be great to see the faces that go along with them.

Deck, the Mini is in the Olympia/Lacy area:

Bill & Nancy Foley

4842 Thompson Lane SE

Olympia, WA 98513

For the Newbies, typically the agenda is in 2 parts. Friday evening before the Mini, we meet for pizza for a meet and greet social event. Location and details will follow (or check a previous thread). This is for those in the area, or those traveling and staying overnight. This is optional.

Saturday is usually a full day. 8am start coffee and jabbering. By 9am we are in full "on" mode. (That is if Lowell does not lock his keys in his truck as in 2009 :))

Kevin and I are discussing a few "new and interesting" ways to get everyone involved one way or another throughout the day. No worries here, it will be fun for sure.

Start thinking of topic ideas, AND, if you want to step up and present a certain topic. No worries about whether you are an expert or not. This is a great way to learn or get immersed into something. We are a gentle crowd and it is great to get new faces presenting topics.

Thanks Mark, looks like it would be a short trip from Vancouver Island. Will check with a buddy to see if he is interested....it was our first year with LOR and would be great to get some tips from the Pro's...

Wayne

Ok, anyone going to the mini have a Mr. Christmas that they arent using anymore but would be willing to sell or trade for some blowmolds? My son is working on a project to add to our

static display, not ready to make the leap to LOR yet, but I am hoping to come to the mini, to get some knowledge to use in the possible future for a portion of our display.

Saturday is usually a full day. 8am start coffee and jabbering. By 9am we are in full "on" mode. (That is if Lowell does not lock his keys in his truck as in 2009 :))

Mark ! I did that in 2008 ! And I am the forgetful one - sheesh !

Yea, I see some names here of new folk that I will be seeing again and hopefully bringing along.

Nothing like a spring day on the lake with lighting freeks ! LOL !

Want to remind everybody to start thinking about car pooling as much as possible, our group is growing - but thats good!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all.

Mark and I have a big change for the Mini this tear.

This will involve moving it to May. (shooting for May 14th)

We hope this won't inconvenience anyone and that you will able to attend anyway.

We are waiting from word from Bill to confirm but we wanted to give everyone a heads up as soon

as we knew it wouldn't be in April.

I'll start a new thread for topic ideas but I think you'll like what we've come up with so far.

Till then,

Kevin