Sarasota Area Church

Okay, I live in MN not Florida, but I was on the phone tonight with my sister who lives in Sarasota. She asked if I had the lights down yet. HA! Then she said she saw a really cool display at a church in the area that had "500K lights all timed to music" -- I asked who did it and of course she had no idea. So, for those in the Sarasota area, did you or someone you know do this display? Just curious.

my aunt lives across the street from that church. (or at least the only one i know of in that area that has a display that size). the display used to be at someone's house and got too big and too much trouble at his house, so it got moved to that church a few years ago. it is huge and got 500k+ lights, the system was homemade by the owner. i usually end up going there when i go for christmas dinner, its a cool display. i will try to find a link / pics and put it here.

my aunt lives across the street from that church. (or at least the only one i know of in that area that has a display that size). the display used to be at someone's house and got too big and too much trouble at his house, so it got moved to that church a few years ago. it is huge and got 500k+ lights, the system was homemade by the owner. i usually end up going there when i go for christmas dinner, its a cool display. i will try to find a link / pics and put it here.

Great, Thank you! Let me know if you find out anything.

Taking down lights? Ha! Next week the highs will be about 8. Thanks for the lead. They don't have a lot on their website now, but I found a picture and sent it to my sister just to see if that is what she is talking about. Can't tell from the picture, but it may be a static display, in which case it must take a lot of amps. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

My Mother-In-Law lives in Sarasota. She took us to see the display two years ago (I think) while it was still at his house. Was pretty neat. According to her it's been scaled down somewhat since moving to the church. Someone in Sarasota arranges a trolley/tram Tour of the Christmas Lights each year in Sarasota.

Google and a little bit of luck: :)

From the local Sarasota Patch.

http://sarasota.patc...-sarasota-style

Thanks Ernie. Yes that looks like the same one identified by Chipwdw. And my sister has confirmed that that is the one she saw. I still wonder if whomever did the display is on PC. It has to be among the largest displays around. Maybe it was just put up by an electrical company, but still I would think there must be a fanatic somewhere in the background.