Has anyone had any luck with ordering LED snow Icicle Tubes from the Alibaba site?

I am looking into the LED snowfall tube lights and ran across them on this Alibaba website that orders direct from people from china. Has anyone used this and if so how was your quality and experience with them. Wonder if this is a credit card scam site or something. Whats weird is I have been finding 5 20" tubes for $199.99 online but this sites offer 5-9" and 5-19" for $46. They had one positive feedback from us with overall 96% approval rating. But I always heard is its to good to be true it probably is. Thanks :confused:

The "sister site" to Alibaba (a legit site) is aliexpress and I've ordered thousands and thousands from there without issue. You still need to do your research like anywhere else but the do escrow so you are protected.

Here is my review of some snowfall lights I ordered from AliExpress: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/41030-Cheap-Chinese-Stuff-Review-Snowfall-Meteor-Lights

Thanks! D.M what is a way to check on the seller?

While that order from snowball was fine - I did have problems with another order with snowball that was NOT through Aliexpress (a paypal payment directly). Most of these places on Aliexpress.com just sell stuff produced by a few selected places. What I'd recommend is ordering a few samples and then if they meet your needs, order the same again. If all this seems like too much work and worry - order some a US vendor like Val that will warranty and assure you get a good product. No free rides. :(

I can strongly recommend this product. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/100172441.html I just ordered 20 pieces of it. It arrived within a week, perfect condition. The overall quality of the units is very good especially considering they're $13 per tube for 1 meter long units. Double sided LED strip, very bright.

I can strongly recommend this product. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/100172441.html I just ordered 20 pieces of it. It arrived within a week, perfect condition. The overall quality of the units is very good especially considering they're $13 per tube for 1 meter long units. Double sided LED strip, very bright.

Gary -

A few questions on these...

They did come complete with everything indicated? Power supply, extension cords, T-connections, etc?

The white - is it warm or cool?

Do they all drop at the same time when first powered up? If so, how long before they become random?

Are the connections those nice ones with o-rings?

Did they cut you a break on the shipping of 20 over 10?

Any shipping problems? DHL I supose?

Gary -

A few questions on these...

They did come complete with everything indicated? Power supply, extension cords, T-connections, etc?

The white - is it warm or cool?

Do they all drop at the same time when first powered up? If so, how long before they become random?

Are the connections those nice ones with o-rings?

Did they cut you a break on the shipping of 20 over 10?

Any shipping problems? DHL I supose?

They had a very nice power supply for each 5 units. T-connections with a 2 foot spacing between drops and a rather long lead-in wire (18 meter).

The white is cool white.

They all drop at the same time initially but get randomized fairly quick. Not perfectly random by any means.

Flexible connectors with o-rings, nice tight screw down caps.

20 vs 10 were same price shipping and yes, it came DHL. Zero shipping problems, VERY well packed.

Looks like from everything I read, make sure you use aliexpress.com and use the Escrow pay method! Don't use alibaba.com, not really that secure! My order has been shipped and confirmed with fedex through aliexpress and the seller will not get payed unless you receive item and happy with it!

Hi, How much was shipping? I'm showing it will cost me $91 to ship to U.S. for just one order of 10pcs or 1 lot . Thanks.

Aliexpress is what I dealt with! They have escrow payment option which means they do not get your money until you received the product! I have read some bad reviews on alibaba.com! My shipping cost was around $70 through fedex but altogether still a better deal for me! Fed ex shows delivery tomorrow and was shipped from hong kong Monday!

Guest heffyone

Could you possibly post a video of the tubes and them lit up and in action. I think that it would be great input. I am probably going to order 3 or 4 sets.

I checked out that link....so with Each set did you get 5 long and 5 short lubes? For a total of 10.

Also what colors did you get.

Last, do these "fall" in random patterns or all at the same rate / time?.

Thanks for the input

Those are nice. I think I am going to get a couple of sets of them. I am correct that there are a little over 12 feet long and what is the spacing in between lights? If anyone in Northern CA wants to get some and do a bulk order LMK

• 2 weeks later...