Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
BaldEagleChristmas

Your Post Count

I like to visit other's home pages on PC to learn about them and their displays. From time-to-time I notice their post count when I am reviewing their home pages. Like many others, when I started, I cared about post counts, but not so much any more. But tonight, I thought, "I wonder what my posts per day is now?" I clicked on "Settings" and "My Profie" but for the life of me couldn't find it. It's probably right there and I missed it. It seems weird that I could see Your posts per day, but not my own. So, I'm thinking I probably missed something.

How do you view your own posts per day?

Thanks,

Thank you. I guess I didn't click on that because the letters on the tab didn't show with the current glitch in viewing profiles; and of course, I wasn't thinking. Thanks again.

I think some people just go to that one thread and post a bunch of 2-3 word replies ... so even post count isn't all that telling sometimes.

The post count is basically meaningless (especially in my case since I never have anything of value to add - like my past 3 posts, and this one as well).

The post count is basically meaningless (especially in my case since I never have anything of value to add - like my past 3 posts, and this one as well).

LOL hahah Had me laughing at that one. Funny, remember the nothing thread last year? Along with the I'm Sorry thread... yea, I'm around 940 or so. But that does not mean anything. Just that I like to type on PC :P I think I'm at .85 posts/day.

Who is B_Regal78?

Edited by oklights

Who is B_Regal78?

I think that B_Regal78 is just another light junkie with his nose to the grindstone. Except he is off tomorrow while the rest of us work. Just sayin'

100026950-1.jpg