Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
SAchristmasLIGHTS

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN MITS LEDs

Guest heffyone

Just checking. I have the print out at work from when the site was first put up. I will have to check it tomorrow.

They did go up. I put items in my cart last night to hopefully finish putting in what I needed today to finish placing my order, and the prices did go up. Even on the 60% page. Because I knew the total last night, and now its higher before I even add anything else.

Edited by Bartlettguy67

They did go up. I put items in my cart last night to hopefully finish putting in what I needed today to finish placing my order, and the prices did go up. Even on the 60% page. Because I knew the total last night, and now its higher before I even add anything else.

price went up so i went to cdi to put my order and what a surprise when i notice that CDi does not have led anymore on pre-sale except for few c6 and 5m ... wondering what is going on !!! cheer

Edited by barbotte

The lights I've got in my cart on the 100% price list are still the same price. Either he fixed the problem, or I didn't have the lights in my cart that went up.

EDIT - nevermind. I went to check out and the prices updated. Oh well. At least my order is kind of small and didn't go up a huge amount. It still hurts....

Edited by rgroves

Hey all,

Sorry I did not get here before we changed the prices on the site, but I was not home all day and we ended up filling the container while I was out. Not to mention the forums were down when I was on the first time. :(

The reason for the price increase is the following. We got these prices in November and once we were confident we could fill a container we quoted one full container from the factory to lock in those prices for the pre-sale. Well, as I warned yesterday we fill that container and then some. We have decided that we will continue offering the lowest price we can for the duration of the pre-sale, but these orders will have to be under the new price quote.

We understand that this of course is not what anyone wants to see a price increase, but like any good sale once the item runs out you can't sell it. I will say we were surprised to the response. We expected to get a container with us taking on a large number of items to carry in stock. However, the pre-sale alone filled our quota. We also understand that this may prevent some from ordering lights as it puts it outside their budget. We are truly sorry for this, but we did keep the new prices lower than most vendors and will for the duration of the pre-sale time in order to hopefully help out as much as possible.

For those who ordered already please keep in mind that this does not effect you or your price you paid in any way including the people who paid only 60%. All y'alls lights are a part of the original container. Thank y'all for making this happen for us. It is like a catch 22 we are glad we filled the container, but wish we could have gotten everyone on the first container.

Thanks y'all,

Ryan

Hey all,

Sorry I did not get here before we changed the prices on the site, but I was not home all day and we ended up filling the container while I was out. Not to mention the forums were down when I was on the first time. :(

The reason for the price increase is the following. We got these prices in November and once we were confident we could fill a container we quoted one full container from the factory to lock in those prices for the pre-sale. Well, as I warned yesterday we fill that container and then some. We have decided that we will continue offering the lowest price we can for the duration of the pre-sale, but these orders will have to be under the new price quote.

We understand that this of course is not what anyone wants to see a price increase, but like any good sale once the item runs out you can't sell it. I will say we were surprised to the response. We expected to get a container with us taking on a large number of items to carry in stock. However, the pre-sale alone filled our quota. We also understand that this may prevent some from ordering lights as it puts it outside their budget. We are truly sorry for this, but we did keep the new prices lower than most vendors and will for the duration of the pre-sale time in order to hopefully help out as much as possible.

For those who ordered already please keep in mind that this does not effect you or your price you paid in any way including the people who paid only 60%. All y'alls lights are a part of the original container. Thank y'all for making this happen for us. It is like a catch 22 we are glad we filled the container, but wish we could have gotten everyone on the first container.

Thanks y'all,

Ryan

any price on white wire ?? also is that mean that light being order now will not be in that first container ?? that we will have to wait like end of summer to get them ??

thanks

thanks

Edited by barbotte

I emailed Ryan, and he said hte white wire would be the same price. BUT, he did say they've only got 50% of the amount needed to order the white wire.

The white wire price would be the same as the green wire. However, I am still way short on meeting the needs of that. I will still take request up until the end of the presale period so if you do have an intrest in white wire please continue to PM me with the request.

Ryan

price went up so i went to cdi to put my order and what a surprise when i notice that CDi does not have led anymore on pre-sale except for few c6 and 5m ... wondering what is going on !!! cheer

I do not see anything different then when the sale started.

Ouch... the 10% upcharge hits me hard - I had to wait till I had the cash together to place my order...... Guess I am revising how much I am buying. Frustrated but understand why (having dealt with China myself)

Edited by fkostyun

Obviously who ever did not get their order in before the container was filled is going to be upset. But I can't see anyone holding this against Ryan.I would think Ryan got a quote on a single container based on the pre sale input of prospective buyers. This being the first year doing the pre sale, how could he predict this success. I think it is commendable that he is still offering a discounted rate until the end of the sale regardless. As a side note it seems that the adjusted prices still seem to be the best around.

While I can understand the price increase due to the fact that another container will be necessary it would have been a good business practice to notify your consumer of the impending increase. All this did was scare people away.

While I can understand the price increase due to the fact that another container will be necessary it would have been a good business practice to notify your consumer of the impending increase. All this did was scare people away.

He did on the 25th. "UPDATE: We are quickly running out of space on the contianer! We need to leave room for the 5% bonus for people and for additional stock items. While the sale is slated to end on Jan 31st we may have to close early if we fill up the rest of the contianer before then. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we are getting close so they don't miss out. If you mailed in you order not to worry we are taking that into account as well. We don't want anyone to miss out, but if we fill up we fill up. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Ryan "

Many of us saw that and immediately put in our orders which probably filled up the container quickly.

He did on the 25th. "UPDATE: We are quickly running out of space on the contianer! We need to leave room for the 5% bonus for people and for additional stock items. While the sale is slated to end on Jan 31st we may have to close early if we fill up the rest of the contianer before then. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we are getting close so they don't miss out. If you mailed in you order not to worry we are taking that into account as well. We don't want anyone to miss out, but if we fill up we fill up. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Ryan "

Many of us saw that and immediately put in our orders which probably filled up the container quickly.

Ryan did not mention any price increase which he should have done.

My choice was between a new vendor with no track record at lower prices, or an established vendor with an excellent track record at higher prices. I was planning to place part of my order at the lower price, but this increase has reduced the difference. It is no longer worthwhile for me to take the risk.

Ryan made no mention of a price increase, and I am unable to check here every day.

My choice was between a new vendor with no track record at lower prices, or an established vendor with an excellent track record at higher prices. I was planning to place part of my order at the lower price, but this increase has reduced the difference. It is no longer worthwhile for me to take the risk.

Ryan made no mention of a price increase, and I am unable to check here every day.

That is the real benefit of having more than a couple of vendors, there are choices. If you don't feel comfortable with one vendor you can go with another.

Now I am going to get less light with the 5% bonus for paying in full.

You will recieve full value of 5% of your order at the prices paid when you placed your order.

Just a reminder that the MITS group buy period will end at Midnight on 1/31/11. All orders taken up to that time enjoy the follow benefits:

1) Option to order by the strand

2) One of the lowest prices in the marketplace

3) 5% early pay discount on all orders paid in full (a great way to add to your order)

We will continue to sell lights on a wholesale and retail basis after 1/31/11. Wholesale will be in case quantities only. The wholesale price will be higher than we are currently offering and the retail markedly higher. As always please email [email protected] with light based questions or me at [email protected] with all others.

I was hoping to place an order for lights but couldn't get the money together in time for this one. Are the presales always this exciting??

The MITS Group Buy site is closing at midnight HST so there are only a few hours remaining! B) If you aren’t able to take advantage of the great prices and string only option + 5% prepay discount don’t worry, we will be back up and running our regular wholesale/retail site in a day or so. Just remember that these prices will be higher and wholesale will be offered at full cases only. If you have any last minute questions feel free to email [email protected]

The early sale is closed now. Thanks for all who ordered or helped us with this first time adventure for us. Now that everything is finally settled we can get onto the business of working out even more detail. For those who paid 100% in full we will be contacting you tomorrow via email with your amount and a PDF to fill out for that. Sorry it took longer than expected to get that together. For all who ordered you will be getting an email update on things related to your order when need be.

In the coming days we will launch a regualr website with our regular prices and wholesale prices.

Again I can't Thank the people who helped us enough and the people who ordered. We look forward to working with y'all for years to come.

Ryan

I am starting to send out 100% bonus emails. There are many of you so if you don't get yours right away don't panic. We are having, well had today, rolling black outs across Texas due to the cold weather(thus making it a bit hard to work on a computer)... I know I know many of you are laughing, but it is cold for Texas! Once again the email will contian the amount you have to spend and a PDF with the price list and items to spend them on.

Thanks and stay warm!

Ryan