Lights Are Still Up!

John Pidliskey

It's been raining here and my wife won't me up on the roof to remove the lights or big star on the roof. neighbors are starting to look at me funny, I think they will start commenting by the first of February, but on a good note, I have all of the other lights now.

Yup, about 1/3 still out there. Dang Snow. Had to put the mini trees and wire frames in the tub to let them thaw and melt. Son started laughing though, every morning he said there was a new surprise in the shower. I think the 4ft moose really surprised him.

Mine are still up and the way things are going may still be until May. Since they're up, I decided to turn one 30' pine tree on each evening. It has red/clear C-9s and clear minis. It doesn't stand out too much when all the lights are on, but it really pops with all the darkness around it now. I'm going outside now to try and dig out my wooden Merry Christmas sign before it rots in freeze/thaw cycles that will be coming.

I got lucky and got most of the lights in before the snow covered everything. Though I still have plenty of lights on trees, some extension cords, the driveway arches, and mega tree. Longest any of this has been up in a long time. It seems every 5-10 days we get more measurable snow.I'll be lucky to get them all down and stored by Spring.

Will Sanders

Some are still up but most are put away, but the weather has been better down here. We still have to put away the Mega Fan.

Well,this is the first year I still have lights up on my house. It's been snowing every few days since Christmas and all my lawn lights and wires are still out.

Even my lights are on the house. Don't want to mess with a ladder in the snow.

Anyone else still have lights out?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Only the lights on my house as it has rained or snowed Friday since Christmas and the roof has been slick. If it was dry, I was busy working on other projects or forgot... This might be a great weekend to take them down and check out the chicken air blown because it will go back up for Easter. Then again it might snow tonight and we need the icicle lights. :rolleyes:

Edited by RGSRRofNC