Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
gbuckme2

Lor Sale

Their sales in the past have been late Feb-early March.........Make sure the first thing you do when you move in is hook up U'r computer and login to PC nothing else :lol:

well last year i try to get into the sale and by the time i get home from work it was sold out i was so piss off that i went DIY and save even more $$

cheer

Anyone know about when LOR is going to have it's February sale? I'm in the process of moving, and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it...

I've been told that the thing to do is to pre-register with LOR including CC info so that you can make your purchases fast. Otherwise, some other PC members, like B_Regal78, will swoop in and take what you wanted to buy. I've never purchased in the Feb sale, but am just sharing what I've heard.

Anyone know about when LOR is going to have it's February sale? I'm in the process of moving, and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it...

The best thing you can do is go to LOR website, and register your email with them. Once you do that, they will email you about a week in advance when the sale is going to be and what is going to be on sale. Thats how I got started, and it worked out great! I was ready right at the time the sale started and got what I needed.

As of today, if you check the LOR website they have put up a preview page of the items that will be up for sale.

No date released yet, but it will get your lips wet !!!!

WELL THERES NO POINT IN KEEPING IT TO YOURSELF.. MY THE FASTEST CLICKER WIN !!!!!

Guest Lightzilla

I'm poised and ready go - what out....

Did you use all those channels you bought last year? How many channels do you have right now & how many channels are you planning to buy this year?

By the way, do you have any videos of your display for the 2010 season? If so, please post a link so I can view your videos.

I bought my first controllers during the sale last year and for us newbies, just a few suggestions:

1. Be ready before 10 with your computer, credit card and shopping list. Keep refreshing the page until the sale starts.

2. Estimate your cost - they have a $1500 limit this year.

3. Get in and get to the checkout FAST! Don't think that because you hit checkout you have it. Inventory changes when checkout is complete so no pausing during that process.

4. Avoid consolidating orders. What I mean is to skip those things at the store but not on sale, such as the LOR software license. You can add that later.

5. The CTB16PC-COMPLETE will sell out fast and so will the Cosmic Color Ribbons.

The had an order per second during the sale last year. Good luck. I love my controllers and hope to add my 4th during the sale - fingers crossed.

Wanted to try this sale but bought a boatload of lights with the CDI presale. Might have to wait till the july sale for stuff.I got 32 channels last july & didn't get to use them so no big deal if I don't get any this year.

Good Luck to all!!!!!!

Edited by peppers-palace

Did you use all those channels you bought last year? How many channels do you have right now & how many channels are you planning to buy this year?

By the way, do you have any videos of your display for the 2010 season? If so, please post a link so I can view your videos.

That made me laugh out loud! B_Regal78's display is the best kept secrect in the North East.

Last year I bought a LOR1602W during the sale. I want to save a little money and saw the CTB16PC was cheaper. Can this be used with the LOR1602W as a secondary unit? I also saw it does not come with a "Unit ID"- I have no idea what that means!! Thanks for the help in advance.

Last year I bought a LOR1602W during the sale. I want to save a little money and saw the CTB16PC was cheaper. Can this be used with the LOR1602W as a secondary unit? I also saw it does not come with a "Unit ID"- I have no idea what that means!! Thanks for the help in advance.

Yes you can use them together. That's not a problem at all.

The "unit ID" just means it doesn't have the dials built on the board that you turn to set your channel ID. You have to plug it into your computer and open the LOR Hardware Utility. Then you do a search for connected Units. It will locate the one you have connected and display it's settings. If it's brand new it will be set as unit #1. Then you can simply change the unit # to what ever you want using the hardware utility while connected to it. Do this with only one connected at a time though.

Does that make sense? I hope so.

Yes you can use them together. That's not a problem at all.

The "unit ID" just means it doesn't have the dials built on the board that you turn to set your channel ID. You have to plug it into your computer and open the LOR Hardware Utility. Then you do a search for connected Units. It will locate the one you have connected and display it's settings. If it's brand new it will be set as unit #1. Then you can simply change the unit # to what ever you want using the hardware utility while connected to it. Do this with only one connected at a time though.

Does that make sense? I hope so.

Thanks!!!

Since the sale is so late this year, my wife spent most of my budget already. Hope to get one PC unit now and one in the summer sale to get up to 48 channels. It is all I can do to program that many. I don't know how you guys with 96 or more do it.

Since the sale is so late this year, my wife spent most of my budget already. Hope to get one PC unit now and one in the summer sale to get up to 48 channels. It is all I can do to program that many. I don't know how you guys with 96 or more do it.

and then there are those who have 200, 300 or more! Most of us are bald or balding! Hey after the first 100 it gets easier. you will learn with time. I'm adding 4 more controllers but most of it will be to make the mega tree 128 channels and to put the controllers closer to the other parts of the display to cut down the lengths of cords used.

But I still have ALL my hair!