Holdman Style Trees

• 2 months later...

Richard will probably want his cut but i think he made them

Now are you talking about full size or mini???? I thought I had seen Richard's most current videos and don't recall twig mini trees.

6563662_orig.jpg

I thought I had of the mini tree I lucked up on at a yard sale for $3.00 (think that was it) The mini trees in green and white are the tomato cages but the one next to the sign is a twig tree. Maybe 2ft high??? REALLY wish I could find more of these!!!

Robert

Now are you talking about full size or mini???? I thought I had seen Richard's most current videos and don't recall twig mini trees.

6563662_orig.jpg

I thought I had of the mini tree I lucked up on at a yard sale for $3.00 (think that was it) The mini trees in green and white are the tomato cages but the one next to the sign is a twig tree. Maybe 2ft high??? REALLY wish I could find more of these!!!

Robert

I remember him mentioning that he bought them at an after-Christmas sale at Wal-Mart. They already had clear lights on them., He added the colored lights.

I bought my 6' LED cool white trees from Walmart in 2008 and 2009. In 2010 they had 6' trees, but they were green with multicolored lights.

I have 13 6' trees. 6 on both sides and one on the porch. Then I have 4 3' trees in the middle.

5517888329_7838146141.jpg

Garden Ridge had these last Christmas (2010). I don't remember if they were 5'or 6'; but they had clear incans on them.

They had a bunch of them before Christmas so I decided to wait and buy them after Christmas on sale. When I went back on the 27th there was none left. Still kicking myself for not buying earlier.

I am still on the hunt for the LITTLE twig trees :)

Now....what we PC'ers should try and do...is to MAKE a twig tree! I mean they are really end up being a stiff wire coming out from a pole wrapped in lights when you get done with them. The individual twigs coming out of the branches get bunched together when you start wrapping them. I have been racking my brain with different design ideas ;)

Can't really see in these pictures. All the little twigs get bunched together.

6832432_orig.jpg

3811694_orig.jpg

Are your three foot trees twig trees? Where did you get these?

The 3' are little Walmart trees from 2009. They come 2 to a box. There are two pieces. First one is mounted in a little pot then the other piece is a topper. Wire twig trees covered in glitter. Not many lights (I think 30 each) so I had to add a bunch more. You can see them better in this picture. One could easily substitute tomato cages, but they look better during the day.

5517889757_f912ee3c30.jpg

Does anyone know where I could find the Holdman Style mini trees (the twig kind, no foliage)?

They have been hard to find the last couple of years. I bought five of them 3 or 4 years ago at Walmart, 6 foot versions, white wire but multicolor lamps. My plan was to change out the bulbs until they were all green, then add red and clear lights to them as well (all on white wire).

I made it through changing the bulbs on one of the five until I said "Feh" on this project and put it on the back burner. ;)

I've decided I won't be using them, so I guess I have five of the six footers for sale. Brand new, never used in their original box. As I said, one is all green bulbs, the other four are the original multi. I will be selling them with enough boxes of brand new Walmart minis to both convert the other four to green and add the red and clear to each of them.

Originally the trees were $50 each and I was going to put them up for sale as a package for $350. (five trees plus 90 boxes of minis).

Who's interested?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new guy here.

I was emailing Richard about those trees and he said they are indeed 6' tall and he got them at Home Depot. I tried to find something like it on the Internet but when I couldn't I went over his "How to" video frame by frame along with a picture on his Facebook page to see how they were made. They seem to be quite simple, just a straight trunk with groups of holes around the trunk, looks like 6, spaced up the trunk every few inches. In the holes are steel rods that the light are wrapped around. The rods look to be coated and have a bent tip for safety. I'm going to try building one over the next couple of weeks as time allows and see just how much work it takes. If it comes together well I'll post here.

I have to say that I really love what Richard does. He uses a simple concept with no fancy gimmicks, it's well choreographed and most of all it's beautiful. You can't ask for much more and it's something I can only dream to emulate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new guy here.

I was emailing Richard about those trees and he said they are indeed 6' tall and he got them at Home Depot. I tried to find something like it on the Internet but when I couldn't I went over his "How to" video frame by frame along with a picture on his Facebook page to see how they were made. They seem to be quite simple, just a straight trunk with groups of holes around the trunk, looks like 6, spaced up the trunk every few inches. In the holes are steel rods that the light are wrapped around. The rods look to be coated and have a bent tip for safety. I'm going to try building one over the next couple of weeks as time allows and see just how much work it takes. If it comes together well I'll post here.

I have to say that I really love what Richard does. He uses a simple concept with no fancy gimmicks, it's well choreographed and most of all it's beautiful. You can't ask for much more and it's something I can only dream to emulate.

Timon;

Let me know how it goes. I've been in contact over the past couple of months with manufacturers in China and Vendors alike. I'd really like to get ahold of some of those as well. maybe not 9 but at least a few.

Nick

• 1 month later...

Okay Guys so I think I've finally found some Twig Trees! Take a look at let me know if anyone's interested. The more I can buy the better deal we can all get!

Right now I'm setting at about $50/tree w/ shipping from China. If I get enough to fill a partial container or volume shipping discount I can bring the price down significantly. The tree itself costs only $20/tree it's the $30/tree shipping that's killing me. Let me know if anyone's interested.

20110616282.JPG

20110616278.JPG

20110616280.JPG

20110616286.JPG

20110616287.JPG

BTW, I can get these in White for those of you looking for White.

They also come in several different sizes, this particular one is 6' Tall.

Thanks,

Nick

• 5 months later...

3 years ago, if you had asked me, I would have said YES immediately! I use WHITE artificial pre-lit trees now, less than $10 each. I love the glow from them but they do fade pretty bad. At night, you can't tell though. Hum... decisions... I guess I MIGHT be persuaded to pickup a few (ike 5 or so)