8 For $15

Hi all, just thought I'd share. Got these today. The soldiers are Union plastic injected and not true blow molds but I snuck them in the pics anyway, lol. Two Dapol candles, damaged but I'll repair them, Empire snowman 1971, and Dapol Santa 1973. The two choir kids I'm assuming are Empire. Ken

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Edited by Vlad

Hi all, just thought I'd share. Got these today. The soldiers are Union plastic injected and not true blow molds but I snuck them in the pics anyway, lol. Two Dapol candles, damaged but I'll repair them, Empire snowman 1971, and Dapol Santa 1973. The two choir kids I'm assuming are Empire. Ken

P1010009.jpg

The choir boy was made by General Foam Plastics probably sometime in the very early 70's, if the lighting set up fastens to the side of the choir girl similar to the boy then it also was made by GenFoam. If the lighting on the girl comes up from the bottom then it was made by Beco or MSL Industries in the 1960's.

GenFoam also made the choir boy and girl heads with white plastic and painted the hair gray. You can see those here http://blow-molded.com/General_Foam___Carol_%26_Choir.html

Mel

P1010008.jpg

I forgot to add that the 1971 date on the Empire Derby Hat Snowman with the blue coat is the year that the steel mold was made for it, I do not know if they produced any of them that year. JC Penney sold them from 1972 through 1979, he is shown in their Christmas catalogs from some of those years. I do not know what year Empire made the last blue coat ones and started the green coat one, the earliest reference that I have for the green coat one is from 1983, but it probably was made before that.

Mel

Mel...... Thank you, excellent ID tips for the choir kids. Yes the girl has the mount for the lights on the side as well. I was aware that the dates of course only indicated when the molds were made, but included the info just in case anyone chimed in with more detail. Which you did and I thank you very much, lol.

Brad... Noooooooooooooo lol. I like them all too much. To me the fun of collecting them in the wild (garage sales etc.) makes them more special than an Ebay buy and I couldn't part with them. I went out in one of our crazy NJ storms to get these. Rain. sleet, snow, bad roads. Gotta love being a blowmold fanatic lol.

DD, BigBallo, Elaine, Scotty...... Yes, I also love that Santa. Very nice detail, I was lucky to get him.

Peppers.... Thanks, it's nice to once in awhile get to them before they're all gone, lol. Ken

Edited by Vlad

Peppers.... Thanks, it's nice to once in awhile get to them before they're all gone, lol. Ken

I hear that! This past summer I got lucky at a few garage sales myself. Found the SB mrs Claus & SB list santa. Also found a couple small TPI santa's & snowmen.Driving up at garage sales & seeing molds has become a big rush LOL

I also got lucky & have this lady that does garage sales a couple times a month hold any molds she gets for me.4 days before christmas she called & had a santa's workshop elf for me.Funny thing is 5 days before that I finally talked my blowmold friend in N.O. into giving me the exact mold.Now I got a spare LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I hear that! This past summer I got lucky at a few garage sales myself. Found the SB mrs Claus & SB list santa. Also found a couple small TPI santa's & snowmen.Driving up at garage sales & seeing molds has become a big rush LOL

I also got lucky & have this lady that does garage sales a couple times a month hold any molds she gets for me.4 days before christmas she called & had a santa's workshop elf for me.Funny thing is 5 days before that I finally talked my blowmold friend in N.O. into giving me the exact mold.Now I got a spare LOL

Pepper if that Spare elf of your could use a good home PM me.