Blinky Superbolw Half Time

well i just watch the half time and wow they surely need to hire some of us to do their light show ...it was very cool but lots of broken lighs and a lot were not syncs to music .... that not even talking about the singer that mic were no working ,,, it was very cool but kind of desapointed

cheer

Edited by barbotte

well i just watch the half time and wow they surely need to hire some of us to do their light show ...it was very cool but lots of broken lighs and a lot were not syncs to music .... that not even talking about the singer that mic were no working ,,, it was very cool but kind of desapointed

cheer

I wonder what they do with all those RGB's they were wearing? And also what kind of setup they were wearing to control them?

The halftime show was pathetic, IMO. Last years was so much better....not with the lights, but the performers as well. Jeez...

The suits were controlled via DMX with mini wireless DMX receivers-to my knowledge. Waiting for the article in FOH magazine.

In terms of the musical performance, there have been better performances in previous halftime shows. It started bad when Fergie went to sing and her mic was not even on, and from watching it again on YouTube, it looked like they were screaming into the microphones since they weren't being loud enough. I was watching it at a Super Bowl Party with about 60 people, and the general consensus among all of us was "What did we just watch?" since it was pretty bad.

In terms of the lighting and special effects, everything could have been better, especially the DMX lighting on the stage during the "LOVE" song. What I find interesting is that the lighting on that part of the stage (the V) worked with other colors during the previous song, but didn't kick on during the next song. Obviously someone didn't test everything before the Big Performance, which is probably why everything failed miserably.

Other than that, the other "big" gaffe goes to Christina Aguilera who botched the National Anthem. Who in the world does not know the lyrics to the National Anthem? No disrespect to Christina Aguilera, but come on.....

The halftime show was pathetic, IMO. Last years was so much better....not with the lights, but the performers as well. Jeez...

The suits were controlled via DMX with mini wireless DMX receivers-to my knowledge. Waiting for the article in FOH magazine.

I agree with the wireless DMX, and I'm also looking for FOH or Stage Directions; whichever comes first.

The effects were pretty cool IMO, however, being a sound designer as well as lighting, I think I would have rather listen to nails on a chalk board.

I agree with the wireless DMX, and I'm also looking for FOH or Stage Directions; whichever comes first.

The effects were pretty cool IMO, however, being a sound designer as well as lighting, I think I would have rather listen to nails on a chalk board.

http://response-box.com/gear/2011/02/led-control-superbowl-xlv-halftime-show/

Edited by mrpackethead