Virginia Mini On May 21

Just a little over two weeks until the Virginia Mini. We will start with a meet and greet at 10:00AM. If you want to get there prior to that we will be starting setup at 9. At about 11 we will do some introductions of everyone. We would like to get some info about you and your display. We want to allow time for everyone attending to introduce themselves and tell us about their favorite display element. We want to give you a heads up so you can prepare to either bring the element or take pictures or videos of and describe the details of how you built it and how it works. This could take some time, but we'll all learn so much more! Anything from your display that you would like to share with the group. Talk about why it is special to your, or why you made it, how you made it or anything you want to share about it. There is always a story to tell. BillV will be there with his welder giving us some tips about welding. We are hoping to have a Renard DIY presentation with a controller and what goes in to DIY controllers. We will also have Cosmic Color Ribbon there to play with. We will have a projector available.

The event will be held at Paul’s Bakery in Fredericksburg. You know what that means is that we will have plenty of doughnuts to eat. We will be in a meeting room above Paul’s Young at Heart (a Christmas gift shop business) which is right next door to the bakery. Please park in back of building and take stairs to the second floor. Paul has graciously offered us the room at no charge and is even going to provide lunch for us so that there will be no charge to attend the event.

The address is 2006 Lafayette Boulevard, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. It is on the south side of Fredericksburg. It is a small strip mall.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the mini.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

I was wondering that myself. We have a great day planned. It will be an excellent opportunity to meet and talk with other Christmas enthusiasts from around the area. It will be a good time to find out how other people do their displays and ask questions.

Andy

My wife and I still plan on coming. We're mostly newbies at this, we will probably still have a static display this year, but we'll be looking for ideas to decorate our house. We'll bring a couple pictures from our 2010 display in our new house.

My wife and I still plan on coming. We're mostly newbies at this, we will probably still have a static display this year, but we'll be looking for ideas to decorate our house. We'll bring a couple pictures from our 2010 display in our new house.

Glad your coming John. Static is cool, I was static for 13 years before taking the next step...still 80% static I would say though my channel count is up there, not a lot of blinkity blink. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.

John,

Glad you are going to be able to make it this Saturday. Over half of my display is static. There will be several others there also who have static displays. Come with plenty of questions and we will get them all answered. Look forward to meeting you and your wife.

Andy

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My wife and I are planning to attend and planning to arrive about 10. I will bring my laptop and CCR and the user manual.

If you are a LOR user, you can play with it. The unit id is set to 20.

Bill, if you have a metal bender can you bring it? I bought a small one at Northern and am having a tough time bending ¼” rod.

Andy, just a suggestion. Name tags. Ann and I probably will know about half the people, but probably none of the first timers.

Ralph

Not too late to indicate that you are coming. Just come on and join in on the fun and education.

The address is 2006 Lafayette Boulevard, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. It is on the south side of Fredericksburg. It is a small strip mall. We will be in a meeting room on the second floor. Please park in back of building and take stairs to the second floor.

Just in case your GPS doesn't quite get you to the exact spot here are a couple of phone numbers.

540-898-0415 This is the gift shop that Paul's wife runs. It is below our meeting room.

540-718-0034 This is a cell phone that I have borrowed for the day.

Looking forward to an exciting day.

Not too late to indicate that you are coming. Just come on and join in on the fun and education.

The address is 2006 Lafayette Boulevard, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. It is on the south side of Fredericksburg. It is a small strip mall. We will be in a meeting room on the second floor. Please park in back of building and take stairs to the second floor.

Just in case your GPS doesn't quite get you to the exact spot here are a couple of phone numbers.

540-898-0415 This is the gift shop that Paul's wife runs. It is below our meeting room.

540-718-0034 This is a cell phone that I have borrowed for the day.

Looking forward to an exciting day.

I am coming and I don't think Ron will make it as he has a lot to do before we can put the house on the market Tuesday. I worked hard to get the inside done and I am coming to the mini. See y'all in the morning.

I am coming and I don't think Ron will make it as he has a lot to do before we can put the house on the market Tuesday. I worked hard to get the inside done and I am coming to the mini. See y'all in the morning.

Andy can you Call me in the morning so I will have your number in my phone in case I get lost again. LOL

Well another VA mini is in the books and I gotta say I had the best time yet. I can't thank Paul and his wife enough for the unbelievable pastries, lunch and hospitality. It was great to see everybody and share with each other the plans for this year. Al, awesome work, Ralph, The cosmic color ribbon is the bomb, Paul, what can I say, I just have to see your place and Andy, The hook and ladder prop was sweet. Today was just what I needed to get me in that creative Christmas mood.

I just love the way each and every one of us approach this hobby in our own special way and how much can be learned by a peak at the process used in reaching those goals. A great day.

Thank you All!

I agree with BillV on another great mini. Thanks to Paul for providing the facility for the event. Thanks to Paul's wife Sandra for the snacks and an excellent lunch. It is great to get together and see what others are doing and share ideas. Thanks to everyone attending for an excellent day.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I finally had a moment to reply back to our VA Mini thread and thank Andy, Paul, and Sandra for hosting! Lucy and I had a great time and we really enjoyed the talking amongst all our fellow Christmas light enthusiasts. We probably aren't going to make PLUS this year, but we will be sure to join you for another VA mini next year and we will definitely think about PLUS for 2012 if there is one.

We got so many great ideas for our display this year, we already started making plans to accomplish the things we can do now, like get extra SPT and strobes and even LED strings in the off season while we can.

Have fun getting ready for Christmas this year and we both look forward to seeing you again.

John & Lucy Gorla

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...