Led Holiday Lighting Travis

Just received this from Travis 2011 Updates and Information

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings - we hope each and everyone of you had a fun and safe holiday

season and wish all of you a wonderful 2011. We are happy to announce some changes in our business operations which will result in more efficient handling of your orders in 2011.

As many of you know, LED Holiday Lighting had a dealing with a very unscrupulous customer that put us out of 10's of thousands of dollars. For the past two years, we have been trying very hard to recover and offer the best products we could at competitive pricing. As a small business, it has been a struggle and we realized we needed to get help by partnering with another company who is well established in

the industry. We have decided to partner with one of our biggest supporters through all of this. This will ensure that we can provide the best customer service with prompt processing of your orders and timely delivery on all products.

For the 2011 season, all of LED Holiday Lighting's shipping operations, product delivery, and payment processing will be handled by Reinders Inc. in WI. Reinders Inc. has been in business since 1866. They have been selling holiday lighting products since the 1950's and became a direct importer and wholesale distributor of holiday lighting products in 2002. They have an excellent reputation in the industry of providing prompt customer service and delivering the highest quality products available. All online transactions will be handled with their products which will be expanded upon to include several other items besides just LED Christmas lighting products.

All communication will be handled via the online help desk on our website. If anyone has any questions, they can respond to this email or click the "contact us" link on the website. If anyone has any outstanding issues before today (not including warranty), that will be handled by Travis who is still working to resolve any issues in a timely

manner. Please do not contact Reinder's directly and please continue to use the contact methods listed on the site.

WARRANTIES:

The email Travis sent out about Warranties is still correct and valid however we do need you to ship the product to us and we will ship replacement product at no charge. All information has been provided from Travis on what warranty items you have and as the email stated, if the product is available now, we will ship it to you. Otherwise, we

will send it when the 2011 inventory arrives.

Address for bad product:

Reinders

Attn: Brandon

16250 W. Rogers Dr.

New Berlin, WI 53151

1) Put LED Order number on outside of package

2) We will check products for defects

3) If any questions we will email you through help desk tool

4) If product is available now for warranty exchange we will send

5) if product is not available now we will enter a warranty order in the

system for your and our tracking purposes.

PREORDERING:

People have asked about "pre-ordering". It will not be handled or presented like it was in years past. We will be having an inventory reduction sale thru the end of

April of all inventory on hand the online site will be updated Friday March 11th. All orders will be billed and shipped upon placement of your order. The pricing given for this sale is very good as led pricing is expected to go up about 20 to 25% for the 2011 season. The price increases expected for 2011 can be attributed to 3 main factors - copper is at an all time high, labor costs are up at the factories and fuel surcharges to import the product are being assessed at higher rates.

EARLY BIRD ORDERING:

An "early bird" ordering program will take place over the summer once new inventory has arrived - this again will be similar to our presale. Once the order is placed, the billing and shipping will occur immediately. There will be no 50% down payment required and no waiting for your order to ship.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you in 2011.

Contact Information

email: [email protected]

Forward email

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Reinders | 16250 W. Rogers Dr. | New Berlin | WI | 53151

Edited by sysco

I just got this also... I was waiting for my return label as the last email stated, but now I have my dead strands boxed up and going out tomorrow... I've got nothing to loose, they are already dead!!

I know it doesn't say so directly but I read this as Travis sold the business. From what I remember Reinders is a Holiday Creations dealer . If they do sales comparable to the others it could be good for decorators.

Reinders is an outstanding company. I put Laurie Reinder in the same category as Paul Sessel in terms of responsiveness and customer support. This move surprises me a lot. I pinged Laurie today to see what she may have to say about this.

I had a long discussion with Laurie last year about the HC warranty situation. HC is placing the burden of the warranty on the vendors, so it may be interesting to see how long that 3 yr warranty stays around.

I just got this also... I was waiting for my return label as the last email stated, but now I have my dead strands boxed up and going out tomorrow... I've got nothing to loose, they are already dead!!

Ditto 22 strands sitting boxed up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone "viral" by now!

You never cease to amaze me with your ability to chime in on other vendors threads.......

I guess with ZMANS comparison of Laurie Reinder and Paul Sessel's customer support and with my experience with CDI I better keep looking. :)

I was also waiting on my return label. Yet another example of the customer getting bad lights and having to spend more money trying to get good lights. (shakes head) I hope these replacements last longer than the replacements I got from CDI.

As many of you know, LED Holiday Lighting had a dealing with a very unscrupulous customer that put us out of 10's of thousands of dollars. For the past two years, we have been trying very hard to recover and offer the best products we could at competitive pricing.

Look at that email, after Travis (ledholidaylighting.com) has been screwing people out of there money and out of there product that they purchased from him for years, he sends out an email blaming the customers. He took my money and did not send me my product for 6 months, just sent a lot of Bull **** emails that it on it's way. Not until I filed a claim against him with Paypal and Visa and not until then did he start to sent just part of my order and refund my money after a month. It was a long battle and that email from Travis (ledholidaylighting.com) blaming the customer, THAT GUY AND THAT COMPAANY IS A JOKE!

You never cease to amaze me with your ability to chime in on other vendors threads.......

I guess with ZMANS comparison of Laurie Reinder and Paul Sessel's customer support and with my experience with CDI I better keep looking. :)

I was also waiting on my return label. Yet another example of the customer getting bad lights and having to spend more money trying to get good lights. (shakes head) I hope these replacements last longer than the replacements I got from CDI.

Well I would say I totally agree with the above statement, It is amazing on the comments about other vendors but not fixing issues they have...... That has always turned me off from buying.

You are so right. So right

I guess opinions are based on experience(s) and the working relationship you develop with your vendors. I think you will find more cooperation when you get to know them, so they know you. Sound business advice. The relationship you have with your vendor WILL serve to help you, when you need them most.

As far as Paul commenting on a thread? It could have been anyone that made the exact same comment, Travis could have as well, but he chooses to keep his distance from the forums. At least Paul comes out in the open and shows his sense of humor and plays with us once in a while.

OK, so that I can get some balance back into this thread, here is an LED tip I can share with you. Get LEDs as early in the year as possible. When you get them, before you put them on an item or in your display, burn in test every string for 24 solid hours. Take the failures, box them up and approach the vendor to work on the return. A majority of LEDs that will fail, will fail in this burn in period. Yes, you will get a few more later on that will fail, it's just the nature of a product that is mass produced in China. At least if you do this, you catch them earlier in the year. You and your vendor will be a lot less stressed.

Edited by zman
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...