I've Never Seen Soldier Quite Like This!

Check out these TPI soldiers for sale on eBay. I've never seen soldiers with faces in this dark of a color. It's very close to the color of their hats. (I believe this is an auction by one of our fellow PCers.) It looks a bit odd to me. Could it just be due to the particular lighting conditions of the picture? I don't know. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190517034941

TED

Edited by TED

I used to have a lot of the toy soldiers but they had peach skin tone. I had to sell them all a few years back along with most of my display. I'm tring to decide if I should buy blowmolds again or go a different direction. They sure are expensive to get these days.

-Bobby

I'm sure people of the African American ethnicity think the molds are nice looking!! Jus sayin

I was thinking along the lines of how well they would light up , it dont look like they would very well, this has nothing to do with them being african -american.

Edited by fainpa
Guest Camden Bulat

I dont know bout anyone else but those are some ugly blowmolds

picard-facepalm-150x150.jpg

Ah, geez. This... this is an awkward conversation. These blowmolds are pretty cool, IMO. I'm sure they'd light up just fine.

I dont know bout anyone else but those are some ugly blowmolds

I was thinking along the lines of how well they would light up , it dont look like they would very well, this has nothing to do with them being african -american.

Are you sure?? Because in your first post you said these are some ugly blowmolds.... Sounded like a general statement about their look from the Un-lit pic :)

Guest A.F.NUT

Hey Beas why dont you get a life and stop trying to start trouble!

AMEN! I get what your saying Frank, they really are not attractive looking at all. I have been adding many of the AA molds to my collection over the past few years and they are so nicely done and I'm happy to have them. I think in the case of the soldiers it's that the brown tone was off and next to the black it's just not working. I think the GF AA soldier was done much better. All just my opinion please don't anybody bite me head off! LOL

AMEN! I get what your saying Frank, they really are not attractive looking at all. I have been adding many of the AA molds to my collection over the past few years and they are so nicely done and I'm happy to have them. I think in the case of the soldiers it's that the brown tone was off and next to the black it's just not working. I think the GF AA soldier was done much better. All just my opinion please don't anybody bite me head off! LOL

Thats exactley my thought too Matt the brown next to the black makes them just too dark. But we all have our preferences, I am sure some people will like them just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously I knew that these were supposed to be black soldiers when I started this thread. My point was that the brown color used for the skin is almost as dark as the black color used for the hat. It really runs together with no clear delineation between the hat and the face. I thought this might be an interesting topic for discussion (of painting techniques, color choice, etc). There was no reason for any of the racial nonsense that was posted. The ability to look at the quality of a paint job has NOTHING to do with a person's race!

TED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...