I was also thinking about the "candy cane" thing.

Would worry that the dye....being thinner then paint......would leach under the tape and you would not have crisp lines.

I guess the only way to know is to try.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I hate to bring this back up, as it didn't generate much interest but, just fyi, I was working on some non-Christmas light projects (believe it or not) and I just happen to have clear pvc, pvc primer and electrical tape all within three feet of myself. So just as a test I did a quick spiral and used the primer and to my sup prize it made perfect lines with no bleeding at all. You do need to be careful as the primer does have an effect on the electrical tape, and should be done in a better ventilated area than I chose. All in all it does prove the concept if anyone was thinking about using this method for a project.

I thought about that too. Probably have to use something better than masking tape, but it would still have to come back off... hmm...

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I dunno if you have used before but frog tape is some pretty great stuff. Lowes has it and its 150 times better then masking tape. I havent had a problem with it yet. Might wanna give it a try.

Edited by FrostNsnow