Tornados

Tonails

Hello all fellow decorators,

I am writing this post in remembrence of those whohave recently lost there lives in the tragic events that unfolded across the Southern States this past week.

I have been spending a lot of time working on this years upcoming display, as I got my first LOR controller just recently. If retrospect of last Wednesday I have a new appreciation of what God has done for me. A EF4 tornado came within less than 2 miles from my home. I was lucky. No damage. Many others were not so fortunate. For this reason, I ask that each one that sees this post to please take a few moments of time in your busy schedule to jut sit quietly for a few minutes and say a prayer for those who weren't as lucky as we were. I think one decorator in Fultondale, Alabama (http://fultondalelights.com/)was hit by the storms. His home got me excited about this hobby this past Christmas and the inspiration that got me started in the hobby.

If you have a chance, look up his site and send him a little note just saying you are thinking about him in this time. That alone would mean the world to me if I were in his shoes. God Bless each of you.

Tonails

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back in 2007 a Tornado came through our town and did some destruction, wasn't as significant as loosing a house but it was bad enough. I also took a trip this year to Joplin Missouri after that EF5 Tornado hit. Pictures online don't do justice for what you see in person. We heard stories from people that were in various stores when it hit and how aweful it was. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who have went through these tragic events this year. All you can do is stay positive and know that it does get better! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Joplin. You can drive 8 miles, and in both left / right directions, there is 1/3 to 1/2 miles of devastation on either side of you. However, not 3 months post tornado, all of the residential debris has been picked up. homes are rebuilding. businesss are finishing up the demolition and are rebuilding. it is truly awesome!