Mits Light Order Update

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are suggesting setting up a fed ex account for all our lower 48 orders. This way you don't have to pay an extra 3% to goggle for the fee. Also this allows you much more controle over the order such as setting up an exact time for delivery. Once again not a requirement, but it will make it much easier on you and us. If you do do this just email your fed ex account # and delivery address to us.

Ryan

Ryan...If we set up a FedEx account, and pay for the shipping through them, where does the "rebate" come into play for those of us that paid in full?

John

John

I believe all of us that paid in full during the pre-sale were given %5 percent extra product in the form of "Magic Money". Is this the rebate you are speaking of. I was unaware of a rebate on shipping costs.

we are suggesting setting up a fed ex account for all our lower 48 orders. This way you don't have to pay an extra 3% to goggle for the fee. Also this allows you much more controle over the order such as setting up an exact time for delivery. Once again not a requirement, but it will make it much easier on you and us. If you do do this just email your fed ex account # and delivery address to us.

Ryan

Not sure why google would have a fee?Can you explain this fee a little better Ryan

The "Magic Money" could be used for more product or used on the shipping costs according to a previous post from Ryan. We would be billed by FedEx for the shipping if we had their account, so this leaves the "Magic Money" unaccounted for. Just need some clarification.

John

Those that are getting money off shipping would get a check from us. Google is going to charge us 3% when we "swipe" your card for shipping. When pricing stuff like the lights this was taken into account and priced itno the lights. On shipping if Fed Ex charges you say 100.00 when we run you card for 100.00 Goggle would only credit us 97.00.(I know 3.00 seems small, but add up all the orders and it is a lot) So for those who wish to avoid sending Google check out an additonal 3% we are suggesting the account method, plus it gives you more freedom. Those who pick the account and have their 5% "magic money" on shipping will get a check.

Ryan

Just wanted to make all y'all jealous. I went and picked up my lights from Ryan this morning cause I'm only 220 miles from him. Fed X must have thought they were shipping gold or something. They wanted 329.00 to ship 220 miles. I spent 65.00 on gas and picked up myself. Feels like Christmas already !!!!

Just wanted to make all y'all jealous. I went and picked up my lights from Ryan this morning cause I'm only 220 miles from him. Fed X must have thought they were shipping gold or something. They wanted 329.00 to ship 220 miles. I spent 65.00 on gas and picked up myself. Feels like Christmas already !!!!

How many lights did you have? Was that using Fed-Ex ground?

By the way, Ryan was great to order from. The lights all seem to be quality lights and Ryan lived up to everything he said he would do. I haven't tested them all yet but Ryan says he stands behind them.

Thanks Ryan

Dont worry everyone. After a few chats on the phone and a trip to the local Fed Ex store the shipping is a BIT more under controle. We figured out that the estimates were trying to ship via frieght to a residence vs ground. The shipping is still high thanks to fuel cost, but is more managable now. If you live within 4 hours it is cheaper to come pick it up from us still. I just checked on a few shippments under the "better way" they showed me to estimate and someone who ordered around $2,200.00 of lights in the mid Atlantic is going to pay about 340.00... I know still not cheap, but the first estimate was like 700! :o The other thing that is causing a bit higher price is the value of the lights.

Also keep in mind you dont have to set up an account. It is just those who do we can schedule a pick up at anytime vs 2 or 3 mass pick up for those who don't. It seems easier to allow you full controle over the product once it leaves our place. We are already starting to ship out some of the larger orders of those who have sent us acct#s. If you dont want to set up an account no need to worry. We will charge you later via check or google.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Gardner

Dont worry everyone. After a few chats on the phone and a trip to the local Fed Ex store the shipping is a BIT more under controle. We figured out that the estimates were trying to ship via frieght to a residence vs ground. The shipping is still high thanks to fuel cost, but is more managable now. If you live within 4 hours it is cheaper to come pick it up from us still. I just checked on a few shippments under the "better way" they showed me to estimate and someone who ordered around $2,200.00 of lights in the mid Atlantic is going to pay about 340.00... I know still not cheap, but the first estimate was like 700! :o The other thing that is causing a bit higher price is the value of the lights.

Also keep in mind you dont have to set up an account. It is just those who do we can schedule a pick up at anytime vs 2 or 3 mass pick up for those who don't. It seems easier to allow you full controle over the product once it leaves our place. We are already starting to ship out some of the larger orders of those who have sent us acct#s. If you dont want to set up an account no need to worry. We will charge you later via check or google.

Ryan

Whew! I was guessing around $300-350 for shipping (based on prior orders, etc)

I'm hoping to get mine soon/before next week, as I take the radiation pill to wipe the rest of the cancer on Tuesday (Then I get to spend 10 days in the bedroom.... alone)

Just noticed something even better for those with a FedEx account. Not sure if this will apply to all or if certain things must be met, but the shipment that was valued at 2200.00 was just input under their account and now came in even cheaper than 340.00 so a discount of sorts. Again not sure if it is because they get a promo rate for service or something, but it ended up cheaper for them.

Ryan