Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
SAchristmasLIGHTS

Mits Light Order Update

Mine came in today! Thanks again! This is 4 of the 12 cases I ordered!

Now, time for 4000 zip ties to get put to good use.

44021b64-0947-43ca.jpg

Seeing these pics of received lights is making me jealous. When do you think shipments will be completed?

:( No tracking number for me yet.

"I got a rock"

No number yet here either.

need to clear out some room in the back of the shed

:( No tracking number for me yet.

Received my tracking numbers yesterday. Lights are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. I can't start projects for this year until they arrive, but then my backyard will look like Christmas for the rest of the summer. I hope everyone gets their orders soon. I know Ryan is working solo so it must be a tough job. So far no complaints since this is their first year. If they continue, maybe they will have arranged for some temporary help to get all the orders out next year.

Just an update. Still shipping. Still alive :P . Also some people are emailing asking for estimates on ship dates. Just as a general FYI for all here as to how I am shipping. People with Fed Ex accounts go out first based on largest orders. Then as we can fill space of other orders when taking those shipments to Fed Ex we fill them as well. I have everyones order stacked largest to smallest. I only can predict about 15 orders out when that order will go out.

On a side note. We currently have no plans to go "full time" into the lighting business. Our main business is pyro. However, since we too enjoy lighting up our houses we want to try to continue to offer our ability to import to others like us out there. If we do do this again for 2012 it will be very much like it was this year. Of course we will learn from the true mistakes and gafs, but we dont plan to take on any capital per say to the process. We are simply going to offer a very discounted product to the community with the understanding that this is more of a side gig than a business. In the future if we see more of a niche in the industry develope we may venture into being a more full time vendor, but at this point we are "kepping it in the family". I thank all of you who are understanding to this asspect of it and see what we are trying to do here.

Here is to more boxes leaving! :D

Cheers,

Ryan

Guest heffyone

Thanks for the updates Ryan. I am in no hurry to get my lights because I am also a closet Pyro. So this time of the year I am playing with my Boomers. Cannot wait until next weekend to unload my stash. After that I may start to think about Lights.

My entire 108 count M5 shipment is up for sale!!!

At My Costs!!!!

36 Pure Winter White Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED =

24 Blitzen Blue Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED =

24 Grinch Green Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED = - Out of Stock so you can't even get them this year.

24 Rudolph Red Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED =

I will sell the entire 108 set lot for $1,650.00 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Tim

[email protected]

Just an update. Still shipping. Still alive :P . Also some people are emailing asking for estimates on ship dates. Just as a general FYI for all here as to how I am shipping. People with Fed Ex accounts go out first based on largest orders. Then as we can fill space of other orders when taking those shipments to Fed Ex we fill them as well. I have everyones order stacked largest to smallest. I only can predict about 15 orders out when that order will go out.

Here is to more boxes leaving! :D

Cheers,

Ryan

Just wondering where you at at with the shipping? Half done with the orders?

Just wondering where you at at with the shipping? Half done with the orders?

Also wondering.You should take a picture of all the lights just so a few of us light junkies can get a needed light fix :)

36 Pure Winter White Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED = $22.69 each

24 Blitzen Blue Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED = $19.37 each

24 Grinch Green Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED = $20.06 each - Out of Stock so you can't even get them this year.

24 Rudolph Red Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED = $17.11 each

In terms of orders we are 36.76%(thanks excel) done! in Terms of VOLUME we are 62.04% done(again thanks excel) We are still on some rather large orders. One order alone took 2 and half trips in my pick up to get all the boxes to Fed Ex! Whew! :blink: Orders will slow in the next few days as I have to get ready for some shows on the 3rd and 4th. The good news is the orders are getting more manageable and I think we should start seeing more of the mid size orders go out each day as I can take 4 or 5 of those at a time to Fed Ex and am able to make about 3 trips a day there.

Ryan

Nine out of ten cartons were recieved today !!! Will test them out next week. The tenth carton is missing and Fed Ex says it is still in TX. Not sure how that can be. They say it will be here by Friday.

In terms of orders we are 36.76%(thanks excel) done! in Terms of VOLUME we are 62.04% done(again thanks excel) We are still on some rather large orders. One order alone took 2 and half trips in my pick up to get all the boxes to Fed Ex! Whew! :blink: Orders will slow in the next few days as I have to get ready for some shows on the 3rd and 4th. The good news is the orders are getting more manageable and I think we should start seeing more of the mid size orders go out each day as I can take 4 or 5 of those at a time to Fed Ex and am able to make about 3 trips a day there.

Ryan

Ryan

Thanks for the update Ryan.

Just want to verify that if we paid in full we don't need to do anything other than wait. I'm excited, thanks so much for all your hard work!

Any Idea on what the plan for the international orders are? I know you have mentioned you will ship them USPS but I'm wondering if you will be doing those last or in the same order you mentioned above which is biggest to smallest.

Update time: We are back to shipping now that the 4th of July is over. Also my phone seems to not be getting all the emails sent to it. Our system is, but my phone is not. I dont always have access to a computer like my phone. I am getting some emails, but some people are having to PM me here. On international orders we are going to do that at the same time(as well as AK and HI orders as USPS is cheaper there). I expect those to be done in about a week on our current schedule. Keep in mind also I am back to my normal job at the theme park as well after taking the month of June off to work on lights and pyro. I don't expect this to slow us down much as I will be getting 2 days off a week and will work on the lights at night.

Ryan

Update time: We are back to shipping now that the 4th of July is over. Also my phone seems to not be getting all the emails sent to it. Our system is, but my phone is not. I dont always have access to a computer like my phone. I am getting some emails, but some people are having to PM me here. On international orders we are going to do that at the same time(as well as AK and HI orders as USPS is cheaper there). I expect those to be done in about a week on our current schedule. Keep in mind also I am back to my normal job at the theme park as well after taking the month of June off to work on lights and pyro. I don't expect this to slow us down much as I will be getting 2 days off a week and will work on the lights at night.

Ryan

Hopefully mine get shipped this week.222 strands

I have been waiting for something saying they are on there way, but nothing yet. And I have a fedex account as well. starting to lose patience.

Hopefully mine get shipped this week.222 strands

has anyone who prepaid been contacted about the extra lights we were promissed?

I did not buy verymany lights so i expect to be at the end however i thought i would have received something asking me about my bonus lights.

has anyone who prepaid been contacted about the extra lights we were promissed?

I did not buy verymany lights so i expect to be at the end however i thought i would have received something asking me about my bonus lights.

I got 10 cases of lights, all seem to be in good order - to many to test in one try. Order was shipped and delivered. Bonus lights were added right after the order was placed. So far so good !! I would consider ordering from them again next year.

I got 10 cases of lights, all seem to be in good order - to many to test in one try. Order was shipped and delivered. Bonus lights were added right after the order was placed. So far so good !! I would consider ordering from them again next year.

thanks for the info

I have seen a select few state they have received their lights. However, I have also seen comments from people who have not, and who have not heard anything either. Exactly how many orders were there to delay shipping 2 months? How many staff are working on this? My concern now that the 4th of July is done will i be receivi9ng my lights before Halloween, or for that matter Christmas 2011?

Poor business model on all accounts.