Mits Light Order Update

SAchristmasLIGHTS

Trying not to say anything negative but I can see the frustration rising with everyone and I have felt the frustration as well with the slow delivery. However the only thing I'm disapointed with so far is that we didn't know up front that it would be a one person operation for sorting and shipping and that person would be working 5 day's a week. If we knew upfront then we would have seen the long delivery times upfront. But I have confidence that everyone will get all their lights.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree,the frustration level is building each and every day. Granted I didn't order tons of lights but I think that most of us have projects pending waiting on our lights.

Maybe Ryan should consider hiring a couple folks to get our orders out. We all have a lot of money invested in this and hoping that we receive quality lights,but until we actually recieve them who knows.

Just an update. I am still shipping out everyday. In fact I am about to make another run to Fed Ex. I wish I had help too, but we are not a lighting company nor, as I have said in the past, want to be one. We simply wanted to offer the lowest price we could on LED lights for the community. I want to thank all the people who have put up with our learning curve on this and understand what we are trying to do. I also want to say sorry to those who have been less than thrilled. Unless the good lord takes me before, all the lights will go out. :rolleyes: and even if he does take me I am sure Jacob will fill in the gap!

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Gardner

I don't remember any specific post back when this Pre-order started, but it seemed pretty clear that MITS was really a Fireworks company looking to trade their expertise in "China" purchasing by getting into LED lights. I was not ordering for July 4th, thankfully. At the time, I wasn't thinking about Halloween, but now I have a single Coro animated pumpkin kit and keep looking at the 4 singing Coro monsters. Curse you, Dave Moore!

Anyway, I haven't gotten my lights yet, either. But, here in my part of Texas it is too hot to worry about it. (105 yesterday and today)

I'll try to chill and stay indoors for now.

I know it is frustrating when you are without your lights when others are posting about receiving theirs, it has to be, but Ryan has been up front from the begining about the nature of his business and what he and his partner were hoping to do. How could anyone expect MITS to be anything but a one or two person operation with minimal overhead, given the 2.00 - 3.00 dollar per string savings over other vendors here at PC.

It's July, I'm sure everyone has projects to work on and light but really, if it takes till the end of August to receive your lights will you be that put out? Will this years display really suffer? I guess if the answer is yes...then next year pay a couple bucks more a string for the same product elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

As for me, great product, even better price, hope to place another 20,000 + light order with Ryan again next year.

I think part of the problem is that Ryan is fighting history with some of us. Many of us dealt with a previous vendor who promised big but delivered small or not at all. I do realize it is a one man operation and I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. As Ryan said, there has been a learning curve and part of that curve was that he may have over promised a bit in the beginning. I can live with that. I can't speak for the others but I know for me my patience too is running short right now but not because I need my lights immediately, soon would be nice, but it won't ruin my show if I have to wait. I think I am getting nervous because my history and the history of others has me waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think once everyone gets their lights they will all be happy and the history from other vendors will be forgotten. I took a chance on Ryan because he sounded like a sincere, nice guy putting a great deal together for us. I am still confident that this will happen, we will all be happy and looking forward to next year's order. I just wish I could shake that feeling of history repeating itself.

I agree, once everyone has got there lights everyone will be happy with this transaction. And on a good note, the delay in shipping mine has given me the ability to order some extra lights from them and have them shipped all at once so I can use my talking santa I bought at the Expo this year. So some good has come out of the delay for me!

I haven't received mine yet either but I had a small order so mine will probably be toward the last to go. I noticed another big vendor here has still not shipped out all his orders either so most people would not have gotten them faster with another vendor. Not to say anything bad about the other vendor as I have used them also. More help I am sure would have meant a higher cost of product.

I am also waiting for mine but haven't worried too much about delivery date. Here in the Midwest I am too busy with keeping my grass cut and tree limbs picked up from all the storms to fret over being first or last to receive them. I ordered from MITS because of the product quality and price. I don't need to start putting mine up in July! Now if Oct. gets here and I'm still looking in my mailbox I may start biting my finger nails.

Still waiting on mine as well. Small order, only about 50 sets, so I guess I'll be one of the last orders to go out.

However, I was hoping to get mine by the end of July. That's when I do my pre-assy and testing for my new affects. Given that we were told that lights would be shipped in the spring, I was also expecting July delivery wouldn't be a problem. But, it is what it is, not much we can do about it.

Maybe it would be helpful if Ryan gave us all an estimate as to when he thinks all orders will be shipped by. Are we looking at Aug, Sept, Oct? Anything would be helpful at this point, certainly much better than, "I'm working on it".

And Ryan, I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, not my intention. I'm sure this is a big job, maybe you underestimated the work required. I just think a little more info about when orders might go out would help ease some frustration.

Cheers, and looking forward to getting some new lights.

Just wanted to add my input. Once I setup a fedex account and emailed Ryan the number, I had my shipment in a week. All items arrived safe, and although I haven't tested all of them, seem to be in working order.

So, those of you really impatient on lights may want to setup the account if that makes it easier for them to handle the shipping work.

I'm really pleased with the way things went and I really really really hope MITS does this again next year!

I also sent in FedEx account number over a month ago and have not received lights yet. So the Fedex account is not the only factor. Size of order may be the biggest factor. I am still patient though. I think Ryan's communication has been awesome and with all the positive responses from those that have received their lights I have no doubt that I will get mine and soon. Looking forward to buying more lights from MITS in the future.

I also sent in FedEx account number over a month ago and have not received lights yet. So the Fedex account is not the only factor. Size of order may be the biggest factor. I am still patient though. I think Ryan's communication has been awesome and with all the positive responses from those that have received their lights I have no doubt that I will get mine and soon. Looking forward to buying more lights from MITS in the future.

Ditto

DID you pay in full??

If so, we are generally the last to receive our goods since there is not any receivables to collect. I have faith in Ryan and like others have said, I don't need them at this point in the year.

DID you pay in full??

If so, we are generally the last to receive our goods since there is not any receivables to collect. I have faith in Ryan and like others have said, I don't need them at this point in the year.

I paid in full and sent a fedex account to Ryan on 6/14.Can`t wait for the excitement of seeing all the new lights.Also have 6 arches and a marty fan to make.You can send mine out next Ryan :)

I got my order delivered. I have been putting them on my wire frames (look fantastic), then pushed 5-600 lights through my coro reindeer (hands hurt but lights are great) and have built one of my 20 feet mega spiral trees (almost 4000 bright gorgeous color intense lights) all with no problems. The order is right on and quality is as good as others. I have gone through at least 3 cases of the eight I bought. Keep up with the great work !!!

you are actually on the list next for tomorrow. We have a few of yall four digit orders left... Whew! Just as an fyi we are filling small orders as we can fit them on my truck for every trip I take to fed ex. I can normally get 2 each trip.

ryan

Awesome...Thanks Ryan