Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
SAchristmasLIGHTS

Mits Light Order Update

Hmmm I am here, didn't see the PM. Here is an update. Jacob sent out the final Canada orders today. There are a few people with missing strands, wrong strands, or broken strand replacements that will be sent out in the coming days. Other than that I got nothing. My work schedule has doubled from about 40 hours a week to 80 but still feel free to email me or PM me. Even if it is just to say HI :)

Ryan

Ryan have not received any notices of lights being shipped or tracking number for Canada Blair

Yesterday we sent out the final orders to Canada. Ryan is working overtime in his new job, so I will be taking over the next phase of the group buy: handling missing/wrong/broken/etc issues you may have encountered. Please email all issues to me directly [email protected]. Be sure to include your contact information and telephone number I can reach you at.

Once we have gotten to 100% we will offer the remaining inventory (approx 800 strands) for immediate shipment. In addition, we have a container from China arriving early October and will have a good inventory on warm white M5 and C6 in 50 count green wire, and warm white 70 count white wire available for shipment at that time.

Ryan and I know this was an interesting process at times for the members who participated, and we thank you for your tolerance and understanding.

Recieved mine in Michigan last weekend while out of town, were on the porch when we got home.

Everything looks great. Thank You, Craig

Yesterday we sent out the final orders to Canada. Ryan is working overtime in his new job, so I will be taking over the next phase of the group buy: handling missing/wrong/broken/etc issues you may have encountered. Please email all issues to me directly [email protected]. Be sure to include your contact information and telephone number I can reach you at.

Once we have gotten to 100% we will offer the remaining inventory (approx 800 strands) for immediate shipment. In addition, we have a container from China arriving early October and will have a good inventory on warm white M5 and C6 in 50 count green wire, and warm white 70 count white wire available for shipment at that time.

Ryan and I know this was an interesting process at times for the members who participated, and we thank you for your tolerance and understanding.

Hi Jacob have sent you an email hope to hear from you soon thank you Blair

Got 2/3rds of my lights today. One box is held up in Customs so I'll have to wait till Tuesday for those. Everything looks ok so far. I'll plug them all in tomorrow.

I'm in Canada!

It seems Ryan's statement than all orders had been shipped was incorrect. Finally got a response on my order. It was not shipped and they do not have the lights to fill it. I have requested a refund and hopefully it won't be 8 months before they refund it.

Ryan and I would like to thank everyone for participating in the 2011 group buy. We know there were some bumps in the road, but have streamlined alot of the process.

We are selling off the limited inventory remaining from the 2011 Group Buy. Lights are offered on a first come first served basis and will be shipped by FedEx within 24 hours of order being placed Monday-Saturday. Visit http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting to place your order. As a thank you we are offering these at 30% off the list price to all PC members. To get your discount use the coupon code PC30 at checkout. You can also call 210-267-5371 for phone order if you are not able to use a credit card.

Jacob J. Dell

p.s. We are recieving a container in early October which will have extra Red/Green color changing icicles 70ct and more warm white c6 and m5 on both green and white wire.

Edited by jacobjdell

p.s. We are recieving a container in early October which will have extra Red/Green color changing icicles 70ct and more warm white c6 and m5 on both green and white wire.

Jacob,

Will you be getting in more warm white 100cnt M5 on green wire in October?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

We are only getting 50 counts on green in Early October. We will then have 456-70ct M5 on white wire; 360-50 ct M5 on green and 984 50ct-C6 on green wire.

We have 30 M5 50ct green on hand now and will have no problem getting you more if you were interested in combining 2-50s to make a 100. Not sure of your set-up, but if this will work send me an email [email protected] and we can work it out or call 210-267-5371.

Jacob

Jacob received my order today and i'm short 10 green 100 count M5'S hope to hear from you soon have left my email with you thank you Blair

Just wanted to post a public "thanks" to Jacob and Magicinthesky.com - there was a slight miscount in my order. I emailed Jacob and I received a prompt email reply to resolve. This was on Monday afternoon. This morning (Thursday) FedEx showed up with the correct strings.

Amazing customer service, much appreciated. Already looking forward to next year's pre-order! Thanks!

Bob Z

I would also like to Thank Jacob for his excellent service. My order was short by 1 string and he very quickly sent out a replacement. I only ordered a few strings this year but will definitely order more next year.

Peter

I know some folks have been asking about green and red. We now have limited quantities of M5 70 count available in Red, Green, Blue, Pure White and Multi on green wire off the last container we got in. We have large amounts of Warm White M5 70 on hand. Visit http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting and don't forget to use PC30 as your discount code.

We are working on the numbers and product selection based on feedback from folks that participated in 2011. As we did last year we will put up a survey to gauge interest and then move forward mid to late December. Also a big thanks to the countless field testers who have been great about letting us know about problems and working with us to fix them.

Jacob J. Dell