hey anyone know if it is possible to get tpi replacement parts. this cute snowman lost his carrot nose. i bought him in a lot of 5 this weekend for $20 bucks. the guy who sold him to me put an orange light where the nose was.

post-11995-0-06842900-1307321617_thumb.j

General Foam sells replacement parts 1-800-813-0206 i know they sell an orange carrot nose for some of there molds don't cost much. know i don't know if it will fit perfect but for a few bucks you could modify it to work with a little glue. well at least thats what i think.

hey anyone know if it is possible to get tpi replacement parts. this cute snowman lost his carrot nose. i bought him in a lot of 5 this weekend for $20 bucks. the guy who sold him to me put an orange light where the nose was.

Yikes! Even if you could get an original replacement it probably wouldn't fit. The hole has been cut larger to accommodate the light socket. This is one of those times where you are going to have to "rig something up". On the "bright" side (pun intended) it looks like it was rigged up for the nose bulb to actually light up. It might look kinda cool. I'd try it out first and see how it looks!

TED

I have 2 of these and used a green C9 (not powered) for the nose.

If your patient you might find a broken snowman with a nose that will work or sometimes parts show up on ebay.I'm with you,I like to get the exact replacement when possible.

i just wanted to repair him. he'll still look good in my display. i just kinda get nitpicky, but i remind myself that people looking at the display do so from 10ft or more and can't see minor defects.

Nothing wrong with being nitpicky, as all the oldtimers here know, I am mostly a nitpicking purist and drive most of them nuts with that. If your are still in need of a nose, measure the diameter of the hole for the nose and if it is the original size I can probably help you with your quest. In 2006 Farley Technologies sent a few of the original noses for that snowman to me, I would have to do a bit of searching in the storage trailer to find them, but I am pretty sure that they are there somewhere.

Mel

If you aren't able to use one of Mel's original noses you could try plastic surgery. The first snowman rhinoplasty I did I used an Easter-themed jump rope that had a large carrot for each handle; a bit of Gorilla Glue and it stuck just fine. After that, I bid on a string of carrot lights (also for Easter) on eBay and now use those stubby little carrots as glued-on replacement noses. They surely aren't perfect and do need to be reglued every couple of years as they get bumped around, but they look just great from the street.

• 2 years later...

I know how to fit on the carrot nose. I went to a hardware store. I found a cork a little bit bigger than the size of the hole. I bought a headless screw. I screwed the screw in the center of the cork, inserted the smaller end of the cork into the hole and there it popped in. Finally I twisted the carrot on the screw, put Krazy glue on the cork and layer the snowman on its back for a while. I put it back to normal and it stayed. The carrot needs something to support it.