What Is The Next Biggest Ideal For Christmas Display!

Senior - thanks for taking the time to provide the enhanced description. That and the pictures you posted has helped my understanding a lot and your project looks Really, Really Cool. Can't wait to see pictures / video of it when it is all done!

Finished the wrapping and made a video. How does on go about posting a video to this site? I have pics from other posts on here and they take up about 1 meg of the 1.5 meg of my allotted space. I have never used U tube of Vimeo. Call me an idiot, but I am still using a rotary phone at my house.

Sorry, I can't help you as I don't do v\ideo. For still pictures, I've learned that uploading them to a site like PhotoBucket and copy pasting them from there to here does not use up my photo quota. I suspect that it is similar for videos. BTW, we still have a rotary phone too. It is the only one with a ringer loud enough to wake me up in the middle of the night!

Well, this is my very first attempt to post a video. But I think you guys can get the main idea I had in mind.

These are just the orbits.....the lights that make up the Mega Tree will actually be INSIDE these rings. The rings wrap around the outside of the tree like garland.

Doug

http://vimeo.com/26134085

Edited by Senior

Doug - that is Really Cool! And it would seem that the annual set up time would be a lot quicker than the billions of cable ties used to hold lights to cables on other spiral trees. I've book marked this thread and may try your method for next year - my only concern is that my poor 20' flag pole and nylon pulley are already holding hundreds of pounds of lights and I'm not sure how much more they can take! Thanks again for sharing!

Doug - that is Really Cool! And it would seem that the annual set up time would be a lot quicker than the billions of cable ties used to hold lights to cables on other spiral trees. I've book marked this thread and may try your method for next year - my only concern is that my poor 20' flag pole and nylon pulley are already holding hundreds of pounds of lights and I'm not sure how much more they can take! Thanks again for sharing!

Use one of these:

http://www.magicchristmasnews.org/monkhouse%20jump.pdf

Randy

No problem. That is the function of this forum......to share ideas. (again...not an original idea of mine...I saw a video on this idea last year with a couple of rings.) Set up time is minimal. I set the "orbits" on the ground. Insert my pole into the sleeve cemented into the ground. Hook up the 4 cables supporting the "orbits" to the Mega Tree Hook Head and raise. I plug in the extension cords at each ring as they go up. (I made a harness of the exension cords) Plug into the controllers..... all in all.....about 1/2 hour.

I use a black pipe and metal pully and a winch for my mega. Yea...you may need to upgrade the pole and pully you are using. If for any reason you loose your bookmark or you need any more pics...just drop me a line. Would be happy to assist.

Doug

Edited by Senior
  • 2 weeks later...