Firework Question

Jake15

is it possible to hook up fireworks with light o rama?

Others may have a direct answer for you, I have a lead. There is a person, Garry from MN, that does lights as a hobby and fireworks for a living. Think Bejing Olympics, Disney World, etc. He is on PC occassionally but I'm guessing he'll never see your thread. He does frequenet the DIY thread, whatever that is. I'm not on there. His name and phone number are in the MN sub-forum under the thread Spring Mini. He hosted it last year, but not this year so I'm guessing he is busy with work or whatever. He is very easy to talk to so give him a call. Good Luck.

One thing i can think of is extension cords is a trip hazard a BIG NO NO! when it comes to firing zones. Yeah the red tape its going to take to shoot in NJ is NOT WORTH IT! Safe and sane states are insane just to get a permit for 1.4g and just to get e matches you need to apply for your type 54 and have to do a interveiw with atf (they will assign you a agent.) Then have a place to store which they have to see and approve of and that aint cheap plus it has to be away from any dwellings blah blah blah and you need to know the orange book inside and out. Why are ematches classified as 1.3g who knows. BUT they are talons that are basically the same look up youtube and see what im talking about. You dont need much to set them off just 12 volts. Goto pyrouniverse.com or pyroreview.com and look up deweycoon he puts together firing systems. My advice is dont bother trying to cross states line with works either they will be watching and waiting and bust ya seen it happen a lot. We lucky in SC we have firework supermarkets! My second little bit of advice is if ya have to ask you likely shouldnt be 1.3g or 1.4g do some more research of setups and work with a crew and learn the right way before you tear off into the indusry. I have been a shooter for 26years since i was 6 years old and progressed to the point i am now. I have to hand it to ya though thinking of e firing is great idea with all the stuff out there today ytheres no reason to hand fire anymore. Been a lot of accidents lately too look them up. One that happened few years ago static discharge from sliding box and opened up the truck like a banana peel and lost a few souls that day.....Theres more to the story but lets end it there. Final thought is join pyrouniverse.com ask questions do research learn how to do it the right way but DO NOT! ask about flash powder there or salutes they will bann you in a in a minute! Good luck and stay safe! Remember sandbags ae your friends flowered pots are not and NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!! shoot from abs or pvc. ONLY high density polyethylene only only ONLY high density polyethylene!!!! and pyroboom is a great place to get your mortars and racks i buy all mine from them and fast shipping and i have never had a failure that doesnt mean it cant happen b/c it does.....Look up some things and stay away from fiberglass too.

EDIT: and remember in 1.3g anything over 8 inch shell is 1.1g they changed that two years ago i believe. So you can imagine the amount of more red tape. AND DONT FORGET your hazmat license. Ad if ou like your back you will stay away from fireworks it doesnt pay and its hell on the body...But i wish you the best of luck in your adventures. SOrry that was so dragged out one thing led to another thought then another and i just had to say it :)

Edited by FrostNsnow

WOW,

I would imagine that has to be a HUGE issue with various states. LOR based in NJ I think would need to reach out and get licensing to allow for that. NJ does not allow for any fireworks. Not even a damn sparkler or party pop!

Really..NJ wake up!

good thing i dont live in NJ

One thing i can think of is extension cords is a trip hazard a BIG NO NO! when it comes to firing zones. Yeah the red tape its going to take to shoot in NJ is NOT WORTH IT! Safe and sane states are insane just to get a permit for 1.4g and just to get e matches you need to apply for your type 54 and have to do a interveiw with atf (they will assign you a agent.) Then have a place to store which they have to see and approve of and that aint cheap plus it has to be away from any dwellings blah blah blah and you need to know the orange book inside and out. Why are ematches classified as 1.3g who knows. BUT they are talons that are basically the same look up youtube and see what im talking about. You dont need much to set them off just 12 volts. Goto pyrouniverse.com or pyroreview.com and look up deweycoon he puts together firing systems. My advice is dont bother trying to cross states line with works either they will be watching and waiting and bust ya seen it happen a lot. We lucky in SC we have firework supermarkets! My second little bit of advice is if ya have to ask you likely shouldnt be 1.3g or 1.4g do some more research of setups and work with a crew and learn the right way before you tear off into the indusry. I have been a shooter for 26years since i was 6 years old and progressed to the point i am now. I have to hand it to ya though thinking of e firing is great idea with all the stuff out there today ytheres no reason to hand fire anymore. Been a lot of accidents lately too look them up. One that happened few years ago static discharge from sliding box and opened up the truck like a banana peel and lost a few souls that day.....Theres more to the story but lets end it there. Final thought is join pyrouniverse.com ask questions do research learn how to do it the right way but DO NOT! ask about flash powder there or salutes they will bann you in a in a minute! Good luck and stay safe! Remember sandbags ae your friends flowered pots are not and NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!! shoot from abs or pvc. ONLY high density polyethylene only only ONLY high density polyethylene!!!! and pyroboom is a great place to get your mortars and racks i buy all mine from them and fast shipping and i have never had a failure that doesnt mean it cant happen b/c it does.....Look up some things and stay away from fiberglass too.

EDIT: and remember in 1.3g anything over 8 inch shell is 1.1g they changed that two years ago i believe. So you can imagine the amount of more red tape. AND DONT FORGET your hazmat license. Ad if ou like your back you will stay away from fireworks it doesnt pay and its hell on the body...But i wish you the best of luck in your adventures. SOrry that was so dragged out one thing led to another thought then another and i just had to say it :)

im not like trying to make a huge show i just want to add them to the finale of my water show. but thank you for telling me about that site :)

im not like trying to make a huge show i just want to add them to the finale of my water show. but thank you for telling me about that site :)

Well what are you going to shoot i can help ya with fuse timming but one thing to remember is the same cake and same fuse will have different timing no matter if its the same or not but you can get it pretty close. Most 500 gram cakes run about 25-30 seconds depending. They have fuse from quick match 60 ft a sec(need type 54 for that)but sticky match you dont,cannon fuse,fast yellow all sorts of speeds and effects. Want all the stuff to go off at once? If your looking for that kind of speed your going to have problems passing fire....But ya know what are you after and what ya wanna shoot i most likely can help ya figure out when to lite the fuse with the timing. I can help ya too for best ways to attach fuse and how to speed up the slow stuff and how piping works etc.... Let me know

Edited by FrostNsnow

When i say piping i mean paper tube that goes around fuse. If you expose the bp core by making a slit in the fuse and put paper tube (piping) around it the gases will pass the fire not the fuse itself. Kinda like in the movies when a explosion goes off in a tunnel and the fire ball shoots out sorta like that. Thats how you can make slow cannon fuse very speedy :) and remember to always test your fuse to see how it functions time it etc...B/c you dont want things to go wrong during display.