Singing Pumpkin Projections!

I'm currently working on some animations of Jack-o-Lantern faces that can be projected onto a pumpkin or pumpkins to make them look like they are singing. These animations would be available to purchase (some with audio, some without...copyright issues..) for you to use in your home or professional haunts. I already have a few ideas of some songs and narrations I want to do, but I would like to hear some suggestions from YOU! Please keep in mind that the copyrighted songs need to be DOWNLOADABLE from iTunes so one can add them later with their editing software. So....suggestions PLEASE!

If you need to know what I'm talking about you can see an example in this video (not mine)...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently working on some animations of Jack-o-Lantern faces that can be projected onto a pumpkin or pumpkins to make them look like they are singing. These animations would be available to purchase (some with audio, some without...copyright issues..) for you to use in your home or professional haunts. I already have a few ideas of some songs and narrations I want to do, but I would like to hear some suggestions from YOU! Please keep in mind that the copyrighted songs need to be DOWNLOADABLE from iTunes so one can add them later with their editing software. So....suggestions PLEASE!

If you need to know what I'm talking about you can see an example in this video (not mine)... http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I like the idea............Only my thought would be to use my existing songs that I do now with LOR and My singing pumpkin wireframe, and add your projected pumpkins singing the same song. Would something like this be possible for you to do?

I like the idea............Only my thought would be to use my existing songs that I do now with LOR and My singing pumpkin wireframe, and add your projected pumpkins singing the same song. Would something like this be possible for you to do?

Yep! I could do that! I just need to know what the song is. If it's not available on iTunes, then you'll need to send me a copy of it so I can sync the animation to the music. I'll also need to know how many Jacks you want on screen (up to 3) for each song. Another thing to consider...if any of your songs are edited from the original, I will need your edited copy. All songs need to be the EXACT versions you have in your show. Otherwise, they may not sync up!

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE>>>> Pricing will be $20-30 per song, depending on the length and number of Jacks projected at once. If you want a narration, contact me and we can work something up!

Yep! I could do that! I just need to know what the song is. If it's not available on iTunes, then you'll need to send me a copy of it so I can sync the animation to the music. I'll also need to know how many Jacks you want on screen (up to 3) for each song. Another thing to consider...if any of your songs are edited from the original, I will need your edited copy. All songs need to be the EXACT versions you have in your show. Otherwise, they may not sync up!

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE>>>> Pricing will be $20-30 per song, depending on the length and number of Jacks projected at once. If you want a narration, contact me and we can work something up!

Sounds good.........I guess I would send you my songs that are being used in the display I have another question what do you mean by only 3 jacks

Sounds good.........I guess I would send you my songs that are being used in the display I have another question what do you mean by only 3 jacks

3 Jacks = 3 faces projected onto 3 blank pumpkins (1 face per pumpkin)

*I also need to clarify something about my pricing. The $20-30 per animation would be for "stock" songs. In other words, there will be a selection of finished animations available to choose from (you'll have to add the corresponding audio on your end). If you have a special song, or edited song, you want animations to, that would fall under the "contact me for more details/pricing" category. :) I will be VERY fair and work with you so that your whole experience is a good one.

Edited by disney-fan-reborn

3 Jacks = 3 faces projected onto 3 blank pumpkins (1 face per pumpkin)

*I also need to clarify something about my pricing. The $20-30 per animation would be for "stock" songs. In other words, there will be a selection of finished animations available to choose from (you'll have to add the corresponding audio on your end). If you have a special song, or edited song, you want animations to, that would fall under the "contact me for more details/pricing" category. :) I will be VERY fair and work with you so that your whole experience is a good one.

WOW..........I guess I should open my eyes when I read (LOL) When I saw Jacks the first thing I thought was..... Like Output Jacks from the projector or some other unit.......SORRY...........Could you let us know what your stock songs are? I guess instead of tying up the forum would you PM me and we could discuss this further CUZ I'm interested in having some done.

John,

The singing pumpkins are really cool. I have a couple questions, that others might too:

1. Would I need 3 projectors to project onto 3 pumpkins?

2. How could I control the projectors with LOR? I'd like them to run concurrent with my light show.

tks!

Joe

You will only need one projector. The animation(s) will have all three faces on one "screen", so all you have to do is position the pumpkins so the faces project onto them properly.

As for controlling the projector with LOR, you will need to load the video file as the audio for the light show sequence. My suggestion is that you sequence your light show to the audio file first (because the wave form doesn't show up with the video file) and sequence to that, then replace the audio file with the video file you have created (remember, you'll have to ADD the correct audio to the animation using a video editor software of your choice...I can't sell the animations with copyrighted music on them). Once you have the video file loaded in your sequence, it will play automatically. I can't remember if there is something you have to select so that it shows up on screen, so you might want to ask on the forums EXACTLY how the set-up should be. Hope that helps!

Here are some song ideas for you:

the ones we used last year have an asterisk.

*Theme from Adams Family

*Monster Mash

*Werewolfs of London (Warren Zevon)

*Bad Moon A Rising (Credence Clearwater Revival)

*Thriller (Michael Jackson)

*I want candy

*This is Halloween (from the movie Nightmare before Christmas)

Purple People Eater

*Theme from Rocky Horror: Time Warp

" " Creature of the night

I put a spell on you

Witchy woman (

Black Magic Woman (Santana)

People are strange (doors)

*Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr)

Goosebumps Motel (Judy Pancoast)

it always feels like sombody's watching me (Rockwell)

Devil went down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels Band)

quotes from Some of Edgar Alan Poe's work: the Raven, House of Usher, etc

Probably not. You would need a dedicated channel to the video projector that works simultaneously and in sync with your song. It might could be done if you are a whiz at reconfiguring a Mr. Christmas. Some folks on this list are really good at doing that kind of thing and maybe one will pop in on this list and help you.

Probably not. You would need a dedicated channel to the video projector that works simultaneously and in sync with your song. It might could be done if you are a whiz at reconfiguring a Mr. Christmas. Some folks on this list are really good at doing that kind of thing and maybe one will pop in on this list and help you.

Darlene

thank you for your reply i have the projector but don't know much about it and how it works just bought this summer Blair

I'm currently working on some animations of Jack-o-Lantern faces that can be projected onto a pumpkin or pumpkins to make them look like they are singing. ...........

What distance are you using from the projector to the pumpkins?

Jerrymac

What distance are you using from the projector to the pumpkins?

Jerrymac

Currently I'm doing test projections with my projector at a distance of about 4'. But that is with a fixed lens projector. If you have one with a manual zoom lens, then you should be able to put it farther away from the pumpkins and adjust the zoom/size to get the animation where you want it. The cheaper projectors don't have a zoom capability, so you are stuck having to place the projector closer or farther from the "screen" to get the image the size you want it to be. Hope that helps!