Wanted: 8-channel Lor Or D-light Controllers

Chance Reecher

I'd like to buy some 8-channel controllers, from either LOR or D-Light. This year I'm adding a pair of "jumping poles," and I don't feel like running 7 ~50' cords from a 16 channel controller, to one of them. I'd much rather each pole have its own controller. I need at least two, but may consider a third and potentially fourth if the price is right.

I bought two D-Light 8-channel units from a PC member a little over a year ago for $115. I know that price is rather low, so I'd like to keep the price around $150 plus shipping for a pair. I know even that might seem low to some of you, but realize I'm 17 and don't have the kind of money that some of you with the crazy RGB pixel displays have. ;)

PM me with your offers!

Thanks,

Chance

Sorry...

I have to say...I wouldn't go much higher at all. I build stuff. I would get a PC controller, build it, get you a box, go to Big Lots get you some extension cords...and call it a day. Come on. For the price that some folks are wanting...go for a 16 channel.

I would hold out if I were you ;-) You can get them cheaper. Just the person hasn't come around yet :-)

Robert, if the LOR sale rolls around and I haven't found what I want, I'll most decidedly be buying me a pair of PC boards and finding me some cheap enclosures.

I need 32 more channels this year, 16 for a pair of "jumping poles" and 16 for a pair of arches. The arches would make do this year with a single 16 channel unit, but if I ever separate them in the future it'll be a pain. The poles are where I really need the single 8 channel units, but I may just say "screw it" and buy some 50' cords.

Yard Sales have been good to me ;-) Even though...probably going to buy some spt wire. What I have done in the past, but won't do it again...it can be a tangled mess...have run "dead" mini light strings as extension cords. I know, I know...not the best way to do it, but works in a pinch. Don't have any dead light strings, pull a bulb at the first and last. Line will still push power through it ;-)

Good luck with finding your controllers :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this, I still do not have controllers. I was (haven't heard from them in two weeks) working with a potential lead, but not sure how that's going to pan out. I was just going to forget about used and get CTB16PC boards from the LOR sale, but for anyone who is following that thread, no one is sure what's going to be on sale and what isn't, so in fear of not being able to purchase from LOR I'm giving this another shot.

As I said above, I'm looking for at least two but preferrably four 8-channel D-Light or LOR controllers. If I only get two 8-channel units then I will also be in need of a 16-channel from either manufacturer.

Thanks for looking,

Chance

Well, since LOR still has the $99 CTB16PC kit board, I guess I'd better act quickly and ****** two up before they go the way of everything else. I'll give this thread another day or two, and if I have nothing by Saturday night I'll bite the bullet and order. I have a show planned, and I need to do whatever it takes to get said show up and running.