Wichita Area Get Together

I think the only thing we'll need to know before the meeting is a head count. So if your going to attend post a yea or nay sometime before the 10th. That way I'll know how many pizzas to order. Thanks!

p.s. My thought is to let everyone talk about an idea they're developing and to ask questions of the group on how too's for thinks they might be considering. Let me know if you 'all have other ideas...

I have been toying with the idea of a spiral tree or rather a pair of them and the tallest I could do would be 10ft ones in my yard so actually having the chance to see one being built and to help with this, would help me immensely.

I'm in the process of getting my lights and other elements gathered as this year I will be having my own display for the first time. So I'm excited for that as I've done programming for 4 yrs but no show of my own.

Won't be a big show, about 48 channels but it's a starting point for me. One thing I would like to discuss is security and what anyone does or doesn't do. I live right next to a High school ( within 500ft) so I just wonder what kind of things could happen.

I should know mid week this next week what I work that week and I am the only manager that requested that day off so my chances of getting it off is good.

I have talked to one of the other guys in Hutch and he said he would have to see.

Lyman

Lyman your in luck. I've just tested a 10ft spiral in one color. I thought I'd try to set up my test tree in the garage and run it through some simple programing for our meeting. If I don't get it done I do have some video of the tree running through it's paces. I think 10 ft. or so is pretty simple, I've got questions about a megatree size version. Maybe we can kick that around and see what ideas we come up with.

That sounds great.... This being my first year I might have some questions and maybe even need some assistance getting everything figured out (I provide beer, pizza, wings, and other goodies) so will just have to see how things go for me. I'm now on the quest for more SPT and also the center poles for my 2 mini mega trees

Hey all, I'm going to plan on 6 to 10 folks. I believe the people listed below are attending. Let me know if I'm wrong or do not have you listed. Thanks!

Steve McKinney

Sean McKinney

Dave Williams

Eric Bader

Melvin Stoddard

Lyman Rate

Keith Luper

Mel, I haven't heard from anyone. The names I put in my previous post were pulled off this topic. I just took a shot to see if I could confirm the number of folks attending. So if anyone has somebody in mind go ahead and contact them and post their name if they're attending. Thanks!

Hey all, I'm going to plan on 6 to 10 folks. I believe the people listed below are attending. Let me know if I'm wrong or do not have you listed. Thanks!

Steve McKinney

Sean McKinney

Dave Williams

Eric Bader

Melvin Stoddard

Lyman Rate

Keith Luper

and Kent Vosburg