How To Repaint A Blowmold

Wet, wet your mold and your eraser, and scrub. I can't wait to see him when he's done!

Wow, I didn't know you were supposed to use these wet. I have some, but haven't tried yet. But, I have a Mary and Joseph I've stripped twice, and still need to get some paint off. I'll try it out this weekend.

You guys are just a wealth of information! Thanks!

Yes it's going to smear, it's starting to work, stripping is a messy process! Put it on with a paint brush then after it sits a few minutes rub it around with the brush, now you want to rinse it off, if you have a utility tub this is the best way, rinse this first layer off while using a scrub brush, then dry and apply more stripper, the next coat will usually get the rest off. Don't panic I know it looks like a smeared mess that is never going to come off it will! Just do it in sections.

Would you be able to rinse it off with a hose?

Would you be able to rinse it off with a hose?

Yes. I don't have a utility sink, so I just go out back, put the hose on "jet", and fire away. Then I get a really soapy scrub sponge, and scrub it down and rinse a few times. The stripper residue won't come off with just water, not even with the hose in "jet" mode.

Guest A.F.NUT

Wow, I didn't know you were supposed to use these wet. I have some, but haven't tried yet. But, I have a Mary and Joseph I've stripped twice, and still need to get some paint off. I'll try it out this weekend.

You guys are just a wealth of information! Thanks!

That should take it right off! Hope to see your finished products!

• 9 years later...

I have a Nativity Scene with lots of detail on the camel and the wise men.  How would you suggest I repaint these and with what kind of paint?  I am not sure if I want to spray paint the fine detail of them   Please help 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its been said yet, I have found that if you light up the mold when you paint it you can do a much better job. You should try to spray as much as possible, it usually looks like crap if you use a brush.

Edited by shane page
  • Like 1