Building A Holdman Star

Not to be a kill joy or take any thunder away from you, BUT did you see the Holdman Star that Val has as Christmas-LEDS.com it even comes with it's own controller or you can program it with your controller.......I used it last year and it worked great it's I/10 the weight of plywood and I didn't have to put 100lbs of weight on it to keep it from blowing of the roof. Just thought you might like to know

Not to be a kill joy or take any thunder away from you, BUT did you see the Holdman Star that Val has as Christmas-LEDS.com it even comes with it's own controller or you can program it with your controller.......I used it last year and it worked great it's I/10 the weight of plywood and I didn't have to put 100lbs of weight on it to keep it from blowing of the roof. Just thought you might like to know

I did see that; but wheres the fun and joy of making one out of scratch just like how Richard did? :P

Sorry, Just thought I'd mention it.........Guess I have too many projects going on for my display at the same time, I try to find the easiest way out cuz I also seem to be running out of time. Also when you get old like me a wire frame seems easier to drag up the roof than a 5' piece of 3/4 plywood and supports.

Sorry, Just thought I'd mention it.........Guess I have too many projects going on for my display at the same time, I try to find the easiest way out cuz I also seem to be running out of time. Also when you get old like me a wire frame seems easier to drag up the roof than a 5' piece of 3/4 plywood and supports.

Its all good, I hear you on that tho. I'm running out of time for my display as well; and it looks like I'll only get 2-3 songs for this year instead of 3-4. I'm putting quality before quantity

Its all good, I hear you on that tho. I'm running out of time for my display as well; and it looks like I'll only get 2-3 songs for this year instead of 3-4. I'm putting quality before quantity

I know what you mean..I've seen a few shows around here and I swear it looked like they had there eyes closed when they were sequencing.......Just sayin....Not that my sequencing is that fantastic, but I try.

• 2 weeks later...

So are you making the star out of plywood or metal wire? :confused: I made a template on plywood for my mega tree star then cut all my metal pieces to the template and welded it back together. Different type of star but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I drew a 90* vertical and horizontal line using a large square then using a degree wheel I made all my lines and drew the star on the plywood.

star.jpg

• 2 months later...