Help With C9's And Vinyl Siding

gsxr7500

I have 4 colors strung together i use shingle tabs for my roof but i have a 20 foot high chimney thats sided and i wanted to go around the perimeter with lights. I dont know what clip to use because i want the lights to point out as i have here in the pics. I was planning on using the little clip right on the light it self but the slightest little movement and the light moves plus having 4 strung together will have even more weight. How can i accomplish this any help would be great???

post-2924-0-69475500-1315788784.jpg

You could use a clip like this and attach it with adhesive. If you do not want it to be permanent, use 3M command hook strips.

Edit: I was just informed by my wife, who is the storage expert, that Command strips are NOT designed for outside use. They have a specific line for use in damp areas like bathrooms. They may last for the season, but no guaranties.

Edited by cacoulter

I don't have siding like that; but I use eye hooks that are permanent and then annually string 18 ga wire between the hooks. I clip the C9s to the wire and/or tuck them under the wire to get the bulbs facing correctly. Clip the wire in the spring and the lights come off. With your siding, you might have to dip each eye hook in caulk when you put it up; but that would be a one-time effort.

• 3 months later...

Menards has Special light clips that connect to the siding and have a swivel head on them so you can rotate the lights position. I'm using them around my garage. In the past I just used regular clips and cut the end short.

I use this type for hanging items on siding: http://www.holidayleds.com/christmas_lights/christmas_light_siding_clip

and this type for my lights: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/D482489.html (This is what Menards had)