My New Heavy Duty 30ft Megatree

Raised my new 30ft heavy duty light pole Megatree this weekend. 6 feet of concrete (2800lbs), heavy duty modular light transport system and winch. The light transport system in the pic doesnt have the light holder attached yet. I dont think that I need the guy wires but want to give the concrete more time to "settle" as it was poured 1 month ago. Pic of the transport system to come in next post.

post-7497-0-86762300-1315791200.jpg

post-7497-0-68869400-1315791210.jpg

Edited by rikerz

Holy cow. That looks pretty tough stuff there.

Now, just wait until next year... I wish I would have put that 6' over there. :cool: jk

How much did that sucker cost?

Used light pole was about $300, pulley system was $30, already had aircraft cable from old megatree/alum flag pole, channel steel was $50 and the concrete.. Oh yeah, the roller were $3.?? each and I used 16 (all this is from memory and I am REALLY forgetful especially when it comes to the cost of item.. really)

Edited by rikerz

What is the number of strings / colors you plan to raise? I am just curious as your setup will seem to handle anything you throw at it.

Do you plan to take this down every season? Or is this a more "permanent" structure?

Doug

Permanent structure which will also be a flag holder, halloween megatree, and an Easter Cross. I may even add a 18 foot pole to this and make it a 48 foot Megatree. Right now this is a 48 strand, 3 color tree. I know that I need to double those but I am adding a 450 foot fence to my display this year and that will be all the lights that I can afford.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I now have 32 strings of orange led/incans (1/2 and 1/2 as all I can afford right now). I wished they either made led in 30ft lengths or 10ft lengths so that I could reach the top. No real sequence on it yet just a rough one turning on and off and a random chase.

• 1 year later...