Throw In The Towel Or Go Over

One of the guys on LOR - and you can find the post. Cut up a ribbon and messed it up. He ordered one of RayWU's 6803 ribbons it plugged right in and worked. Ray sells them for about $40. So you can buy the LOR controller for $70 and get the ribbons from China.

Or do as a lot of us did this year and bought bulbs from Ray - you will see a lot of RGB this year!

The CCRs are a good bang for the buck if you use them on arches.

If you make 2 eight foot arches out of one CCR, that is about $200 - $250 for 2 arches.

If you make them the old way with 16 channel controller and LEDs then it is $200 for the controller and over $10 for each string of lights ($160)

Plus the with the CCRs you can get a bazillion colours!

Thank you for the great idea I think I'm going to steal it.

The CCRs are a good bang for the buck if you use them on arches.

If you make 2 eight foot arches out of one CCR, that is about $200 - $250 for 2 arches.

If you make them the old way with 16 channel controller and LEDs then it is $200 for the controller and over $10 for each string of lights ($160)

Plus the with the CCRs you can get a bazillion colours!

I agree with Paul, I used Fireflies (D-Light version of 16 bit RGB Strings) I got them for $75 each and use them on my arches. That gives me two Arches for less than the controller alone. Now the CCR's are an even better step up in my opinion.

I also like Paul D's suggestion to look into CCB's because they are an even better deal then the CCR's and I think have more versatility.

They are an LOR Light string that comes with two strings of 25 bulbs I believe they are on 6" spacing from what I could tell at the expo and a controller for what I heard then less than $200.

They would make 4 RGB arches for under $200. And if you didn't want to use them on arches you could even use them on a 12'-14' mega tree for a cool effect with probably only needing about 8 of them total.