Lights Out And On Yet?

laura_s

Just my opinion, but I think it's way too soon since we're still a month and a half out. You could start putting up some of the less noticeable stuff and not light it up. But then I only run 31 days for Christmas, so 45 for Halloween seems extreme.

Ultimately it's your display though.

can't speak to halloween, however I start putting up my christmas lights for the show Oct. 1st - only the ones in the bushes and then roof and large trees, if I did not do that I would never get done.

I do try not to put out the ones that are very visable until Nov. 1st - then it's game on. I find you have to determine what works best time wise vs. weather, colder areas require a faster start if you don't have help to get lights up before you freeze your parts off.

I usually try to start early putting them up. But I do not light them up till October. I do not like setting up in the cold and rain so I take advantage of the warm days left as best I can. If my wife did nto have plans for me today, I would ahve been out there today putting my lights on the bushes.

Doug

At my wife's insistence, I put out a "fall harvest" display at the beginning of September. It becomes part of the Halloween show later, but right now it's a couple of bales of hay with a boy/girl scarecrow pair on it, with orange/red/green lights on it. They will soo be fading in and out (lack of time to get the controllers set up) plus a couple of mighty minis on it.

The addition of a few jack-o-laterns later will convert it to Halloween. It gets everything set up and ready so minimal changes have to be done later, when the weather isn't so good.