Anyone Hanging Lights ?

Because we finally got a break in the weather I have my red LED's and the icicles on my roof line done. Also ran the extension cords to them and my star (2 channels). I'm happy because after the roof everything else is pretty easy - I use a lot of forward display items so I don't put a ton on the house. :cool:

I have been hanging lights for some time now. I think I started on Labor Day Weekend. I have my roofs bascially done. The Holdman Star is up on the roof. The Mega tree is done. I have all 3 big trees ready (one wrapped branch by branch) and some of my shrubs have the netlights on them. Most of the hard work is done. The only big thing I have left to put out is my 28' arch but that goes up later. It's right at the end of the driveway on the sidewalk and I want to wait a while for it. I received my new additional controller this week so here we go! It's getting fun!

Edited by Christmasjunkie

If you have seen invasion of the Christmas lights some people start in September. Lets see some pics if you have started building your display.

No pics yet, BUT my display was up, tested and ready to go October 23. I am not home all the time, SO I get it done early and it's ready to go, incase I don't make it home to throw the switch myself. All my Wife has to do is fire up the show computer and viola!

One day in - Roof Line - Done, Shrubs - Done.. mostly, Star hung, Sleigh on the roof, Manger build. Thanks to help from one of my sons - first time I haven't done it all myself. Tomorrow - fix a couple light strings, buy more net lights, unwrap the mini trees and replace with LEDs. Also need to build 1 more arch.

Still getting some of the Halloween stuff put away. Kathy wanted to fix the place up for the grand kids to have a Halloween party for their classmates and friends. It stressed her out but it went over well. Maze, hayride, games and hotdogs. Son n law did a Chop Shop haunted house that went over fairly well. Scared quite a few of the kids. Other son n law set up the maze and put on a gorilla mask and hands. That went well also.Got the Gemmy light show bulbs out and tested them last night. Had to replace one strand. They will go across the front of the house. Glad Kathy bought 6 sets after Christmas couple years back.

About to get the Gemmy tree set out also. The set consists of a large tree and 2 smaller trees hooked together and has a computer with songs programmed in synchronized to the lights. A lot of people like it, especially the kids. I did not see the set but one year I think. The next year there was no white garland on it. The only place I knew that had it that year was a Lowes'. We had to go to 6 Lowes' to find one.

I don't know why I did not set it out the next year.

Got most of my Nativity cutouts and the stable up today.

Edited by Joel

Lower roof line nearly done. 5 out of 6 colors. Reindeer are on the roof, Fire sticks up, arches assembled. Had to re-wrap 3 arch sleeves with new lights. So far, everything is going well.

I have and exam to study for tomorrow :( Took may vacation this week but only able to put up lights 4 days of it... Class the other 3 days. Bummer!

Nice - where do you mount that frame? Directly to the roof?

The frame I built stradles the roof peak and has support going legs going out the back to keep it stood up, I then place 8 50lb sand bags on the legs to keep it down. When I get back in town I was thinking of putting 4 guy wires coming from each corner of the house.

The frame I built stradles the roof peak and has support going legs going out the back to keep it stood up, I then place 8 50lb sand bags on the legs to keep it down. When I get back in town I was thinking of putting 4 guy wires coming from each corner of the house.

That's cool.

I have Wizards of Winter in my head, it won't stop playing as I am working outside. It just keeps repeating over and over.....Make it stop......please...

bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum!

bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

the weather here in chicago has been so mild we were able to start and finish our roof. this last weekend we are now working on window frames and hope to have it all done by this week when the weather is going to turn for the worse!

• 2 weeks later...

We put all all but a couple yesterday. John just has to run the extention cords. But we don't put anything on the roof. It's very steep & my husband doesn't like heights. We have 4 songs...Little Drummer Boy, Wizards In Winter, Mad Russian, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. This is our 4th year.

Raining a lot today... Nothing today. Tomorrow at approx 12pm when I get home, overhaul will begin! Weather hasn't exactly been pleasent, but it's supposed to be in the 50's this long weekend, hope I can get everything up by Friday night! Hopefully I can pick up a bunch of stuff Friday morning/Thursday night because apparently Black Friday now begins at midnight.

Edited by H2Opolo15

Almost done, but made zero progress today. Did get my sister-in-law's live pine tree decorated. Had to re-group 3 times for taller ladders and longer poles, but eventually got 11,100 lights up on the tree. By my calculations, it will draw about 50 Amps and I think she has 100 Amp service, so good luck with that. But my part is done. I suggested she call an electrian on Monday.