Anyone Hanging Lights ?

santabob

If you have seen invasion of the Christmas lights some people start in September. Lets see some pics if you have started building your display.

We got 3 mega trees up and got 10 driveway arches done this last weekend..rbg ropelight from birddogdistributing..wiring Merry Christmas sign now....

Edited by krusaders

• 5 weeks later...

i have been working on lights being hung and working on repainting and restringing some stuff. also buying more stuff, never enough :) I have the swag lights hung on my wall, the roof trim is done, need to get some led icicles, the ones from last year did not work already this year, they were the elcheapo brand though. i also have the lights around the windows and my backdoor done. might work on the trees tomorrow (pine anyway)

Started two weeks ago. It is taking longer and longer. I am having to change the way that I set up too. I am only putting out clear lights that I can first because the Florida sun fades everything. Next year I should pick up 4 days. That is how long it would take to do the roof, all 24,000 lights. All that walking up and down kills my legs and back. This year I am making "grids" for each channel out of PVC. I am making them on the roof to ensure they fit right and leaving them as I go. Once they are all done, I will take them down and put the lights on at ground level, then just "slide" them back up into place.

Next year, I just pull the labeled grids out, and POW, POW, POW. Should be awesome. I never take lights off unless they burn out or fade. Anyway, yes I have definitely started. The mega tree bases are up, I will finish the grids next weekend, get alll the reindeer up, mega's completed and everyhting else, the two weeks before Thanksgiving.