Unable To Do Show

As much as I have wanted and thought about the day I got to do my own display at my own place, it doesn't seem that it will happen this year for a number of reasons:

1.) I don't have lights - I just don't have the funds to get all the lights I need and that makes it pretty simple when it comes to doing a show or not. No lights, No show!

2.) Still on the fence with LOR?? - If I get the lights, then not able to get the controllers, still no show

3.) Power issues - We have periodic power outages in Buhler and I've been told by the city this is normal as there are many trees in Buhler that love to play with the power lines. I called Westar Energy and they confirmed this and so I would have massive issues with not being home for the entire show going (I work 2pm - 11:30 and show goes from 6:00 to 10:30) and if the power goes out well so does the show and I won't be around to restart it...

So yeah I'm not too happy about all three of those reasons and if I could find a way around any of those I would be happy. I'm working to get some lights somehow so I can have something out in the yard, but I just don't see going animated as long as I am in Buhler :(

Lyman

I too have had issues with power sometimes with our local power company but one big suggestion- get a ups (Battery Back-up for your computer). This will help make sure if you do have power for the light show that it will run and you even if you have a power drop it won't stop the show.... Many people talk about backing up files- but back-up your Computer Power as well!

As much as I have wanted and thought about the day I got to do my own display at my own place, it doesn't seem that it will happen this year for a number of reasons:

1.) I don't have lights - I just don't have the funds to get all the lights I need and that makes it pretty simple when it comes to doing a show or not. No lights, No show!

2.) Still on the fence with LOR?? - If I get the lights, then not able to get the controllers, still no show

3.) Power issues - We have periodic power outages in Buhler and I've been told by the city this is normal as there are many trees in Buhler that love to play with the power lines. I called Westar Energy and they confirmed this and so I would have massive issues with not being home for the entire show going (I work 2pm - 11:30 and show goes from 6:00 to 10:30) and if the power goes out well so does the show and I won't be around to restart it...

So yeah I'm not too happy about all three of those reasons and if I could find a way around any of those I would be happy. I'm working to get some lights somehow so I can have something out in the yard, but I just don't see going animated as long as I am in Buhler :(

Lyman

Ok look I used to live in Wichita Ks, I know about the power, weak excuse. It does not go out on a regular basis, even if it does so what. Lights, go buy some cheap mini light stings. LOR who cares I know you write about how to program the stuff in the ultrashow mag come you've got the connections. Finally if you really need lights I will send you about 20 extra stings of mini lights.

You seriously have enough time to get a small show together now if you get motivated. Then for next year, plan ahead a bit. Go to Wal Mart after Christmas and scoop up a bunch of mini lights cheap - I bought 40 - 50 boxes of the (2) count 100 mini boxes dirt cheap there last year. Get a couple of the PC controllers during the LOR spring sale (it's pretty close to tax return time) and you can budget in extension cord throughout the year. If you're a bit handy you can make some cool display items as well.

Now let's quit the jaw-jackin and plug some dern lights in brother! ;-)

I have had a couple talks with the power company and a few others and will look at options for doing my show. Ironically the power company suggested just as some of you have getting a backup power for the computer. Also I have had some luck in finding lights for a great price and also one of my sequencing customers is going to send me lights in exchange for doing his show this year, so just now to figure out the LOR situation and I'm good. I have another customer looking at helping me with that, but that's if LOR is capable of getting items in this year!

Either way I will definitely have a static display which I will be happy with (done it for years so what's one more right?) and plan for next year! It's never to early to plan for 2012!!

If you have money for that, maybe pay back this man first.

This post is to let everyone know what happened to me with a Member and Vendor, and maybe save others from having the same problem with him. On 3-27-2011 I contacted Lyman Rate of EXTREME DISPLAYS to sequence my Halloween Display. I agreed to pay him $400.00 to do work and he stated he wanted a $200.00 deposit. And said he would get started immediately after he receives my deposit.

On 4-2-2011 I sent the $200 via PayPal then the trouble started 3 emails later asking how things were going all I got was promises & excuses stating that their almost done. On 6-9-2011 I get an email saying he has financial problems and he needs the other $200 and if I sent the money he would everything ding by the end of the month. Being gullible and I guess too trusting ,I sent the money. Still waiting for my sequences, on 7-9-2011, I received the Ghostbusters sequence and it was absolutely horrible, timings were way off, nothing was in sync, I tried to fix it myself and I’m still working on it. Then on July 22, 2011 I received an email from Lyman Rate stating: (I THINK I’VE LOST MY TOUCH WHEN IT COMES TO PROGRAMMING) “I won’t be able to do your sequences and I will refund your money”. It’s now the end of September and he won’t refund my money despite numerous requests by me. Again all I get is promises and excuses but no refund so now I have no Halloween Sequences and no $400.00. He certainly has no problems coming up excuses, I really feel I was Handled Big Time .

I think every on in our community should be made aware of what Lyman Rate has done to me and may do again to someone else. I’m not just rambling I saved every piece of email correspondence between him and me to prove my statements. Now I have to go thru various avenues to try and get my money back, what a pain. And I thought this hobby would be FUN.

If you have money for that, maybe pay back this man first.

This post is to let everyone know what happened to me with a Member and Vendor, and maybe save others from having the same problem with him. On 3-27-2011 I contacted Lyman Rate of EXTREME DISPLAYS to sequence my Halloween Display. I agreed to pay him $400.00 to do work and he stated he wanted a $200.00 deposit. And said he would get started immediately after he receives my deposit.

On 4-2-2011 I sent the $200 via PayPal then the trouble started 3 emails later asking how things were going all I got was promises & excuses stating that their almost done. On 6-9-2011 I get an email saying he has financial problems and he needs the other $200 and if I sent the money he would everything ding by the end of the month. Being gullible and I guess too trusting ,I sent the money. Still waiting for my sequences, on 7-9-2011, I received the Ghostbusters sequence and it was absolutely horrible, timings were way off, nothing was in sync, I tried to fix it myself and I’m still working on it. Then on July 22, 2011 I received an email from Lyman Rate stating: (I THINK I’VE LOST MY TOUCH WHEN IT COMES TO PROGRAMMING) “I won’t be able to do your sequences and I will refund your money”. It’s now the end of September and he won’t refund my money despite numerous requests by me. Again all I get is promises and excuses but no refund so now I have no Halloween Sequences and no $400.00. He certainly has no problems coming up excuses, I really feel I was Handled Big Time .

I think every on in our community should be made aware of what Lyman Rate has done to me and may do again to someone else. I’m not just rambling I saved every piece of email correspondence between him and me to prove my statements. Now I have to go thru various avenues to try and get my money back, what a pain. And I thought this hobby would be FUN.

Agreed.

I have been in contact with this person over this and have told him as soon as money comes in money it goes directly to him. I have never heard that one of the songs I actually did do for him was horrible or out of sync. I did send this person a second sequence and after everything was said and done I did tell him I would refund the entire amount with giving him the 2 sequences free of charge. I plan to stick to my word and reimburse him. As for my own display I have other customers that are getting me the necessary items I need as payment for doing their sequences, but I won't do anything out of pocket until he is reimbursed and taken care of completely.

I have been in contact with this person over this and have told him as soon as money comes in money it goes directly to him. I plan to stick to my word and reimburse him. As for my own display I have other customers that are getting me the necessary items I need as payment for doing their sequences, but I won't do anything out of pocket until he is reimbursed and taken care of completely.

If you owe him money, borrow it from a lender and pay him back. This is going to cause your reputation to suffer greatly. If you have to get a part time job, do so.

as far as your computer goes, get a MP3 Director and you will not have to use your computer to run the show.

If you owe him money, borrow it from a lender and pay him back. This is going to cause your reputation to suffer greatly. If you have to get a part time job, do so.

as far as your computer goes, get a MP3 Director and you will not have to use your computer to run the show.

Agreed. He paid you on time, he should not have to wait until you feel like paying him. This will hurt your reputation as I am sure it already is not helping. Do what is right, have a garage sale, part time job something......

Just over 90 days to Christmas I know I would be extremely upset if I did not have my display set