Is There Anybody Out There? (aplogies To Pink Floyd)

Haven't noticed anything new in months on Okie PC'rs. Between the 24 inch blizzards with -16 below February and a 114 degree July chaser, is there anyone with enough energy left to get Christmas lights up this year? I bought 8,000 cheap LED's at Wally World after Christmas last year, and since I don't use all of the computer stuff, I figured they'd look great just sitting in my trees twinkling this December. Started puttin' a few up last week. This is the best time of year to hang them. What do you'all say?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are a quiet bunch here aren't we.

Have got the controlers all mounted and most of the cords run. Working on the house lights first then comes the yard.

14 days to go!

Sorry I haven't been on this forum much. Spending all my time programming my 3048 channel megatree

Keith, tell us about your megatree......

• 3 weeks later...

Have got the controlers all mounted and most of the cords run. Working on the house lights first then comes the yard.

14 days to go!

Having a terrible time with it. It was working beautifully last Sunday until it rained. When I tested it again Wed night whole sections of it were turning on white and staying on or were turning on the wrong color. I spent all day Thanksgiving cutting and splicing around 50 nodes to try to get it somewhat working. Fixwed more of it yesterday and of course it rained again lasr night so I am afraid how much more damage their could be. Supposedly the nodes were supposed to be waterproof but as a backup plan I submerged then in diluted plasti-dip. If I can make it to the end of the season I will drown those suckers in plasti-dip. I have ordered more as I am almost out of backup nodes. And the last test batch I was sent to evaluate seemed more waterproof than what I received back in the begining of the year which is what is on my tree, But when it works it is beautiful. I am using last years sequenxes as it took too long to program the tree. First in last years program you could go for cofee between making a change and it happening. This years version came out in August and was faster but would crash every 3 minutes or so. The lastest build is much better but still has some issues for me since I am done sequencing for this year is not affecting me.

Yea over on the diylightanimation site there has been alot of people having that same issue, the nodes that they themselfes were suppost to be waterproof, or the stuff that is waterproof already is just frying after a rain. Ray wu's stuff is not all its cracke up to be. Thats why i just stayed with the standard lynx equipment and its still working.

On a side note, ive been very busy to get on here, between collage work (preparing for finals), trying to get my stuff out, all kinds of essays and stuff. I have not had time to get on here, i try to get on diylightanimation and help answer question when i can. I still have stuff to put out.

Shows runing if you all wanna come by, but im still puting stuff out.

Having a terrible time with it. It was working beautifully last Sunday until it rained. When I tested it again Wed night whole sections of it were turning on white and staying on or were turning on the wrong color. I spent all day Thanksgiving cutting and splicing around 50 nodes to try to get it somewhat working. Fixwed more of it yesterday and of course it rained again lasr night so I am afraid how much more damage their could be. Supposedly the nodes were supposed to be waterproof but as a backup plan I submerged then in diluted plasti-dip. If I can make it to the end of the season I will drown those suckers in plasti-dip. I have ordered more as I am almost out of backup nodes. And the last test batch I was sent to evaluate seemed more waterproof than what I received back in the begining of the year which is what is on my tree, But when it works it is beautiful. I am using last years sequenxes as it took too long to program the tree. First in last years program you could go for cofee between making a change and it happening. This years version came out in August and was faster but would crash every 3 minutes or so. The lastest build is much better but still has some issues for me since I am done sequencing for this year is not affecting me.

14 days to go!

Sorry i havnt sent you a update for your site yet, ive been so busy with school work i forgot to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody wanting to come to Yukon to see an rgb megatree in action, email me at [email protected] first for its status. I don't even try running the show until at least 24 hours after precipitation to try to give the nodes time to dry out. Then see if there is any needing cut out and new ones spliced in. Unfortunately after a drought all year it has been raining every few days here. Plus I have been having software problems causing my LOR channels to freak out after running awhile so I switched to xlights to run the show but it crashes about every 1 1/2 hours so I have to babysit my show so I can restart it when the show stops. More rain predicted on Friday argh!