Gf Blue Gift Santa Paint Variation

Vintage_Decor

• 3 weeks later...

The gift santa, penguin, and derby snowman from Kmart are the first molds I ever bought and I got them half off on the after Christmas sale. I didn't think they would still be sitting around then but sure enough I was able to score. This was proably 3 years ago but I am glad they still carry them. A few more in their inventory wouldn't be bad either.

He is licensed. Someone has to pay to use the name and likeness of snoopy, and it isn't going to be GenFoam.

That is certainly a big part of any premium charged for the new Snoopy. I surmise that another big slice of the pie is development costs. They had to pay one or more artists to create the design and other folks to create the steel mold(s). When they acquire old steel molds from defunct manufacturers (which is the vast majority of their production these days) the costs can be spread out over the entire production run , which can be dozens of years in the case of many of their popular molds. The new Snoopy could have been a one-year-only offering, so GF may have tried to recoup all of its development costs in a single season. I certainly hope that Snoopy will continue to be produced by them in future years. If it is, the development costs can be removed from the wholesale price of Snoopy or add additional profit to GF. I hope they use any excess profit to plow into developing the rest of the Peanuts molds that they've hinted at or other brand-new molds. But as crazy has pointed out, that licensing fee has to be paid whenever a Snoopy is sold, so that part of the cost is fixed.