Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
s8830906

Shows Currently Up And Running

Ok, so who has there show complete and running (or set to run)? Ours should be up and running Wednesday night. (if weather holds up)

my show starts tonight and goes through oct 31st, 630-10pm nightly, 16 channels of LOR with FM broadcast to 107.7 fm. I posted it on craigslist, local newspaper and also some local free classified ad sites. I will also do that for my christmas display at the right time

officially up and running, and I live behind the fire co where i run and they are having their haunted hayride in the woods, directly across the street from me and they are using the halloween sounds, and letting me put flyers up there for the display (christmas and halloween).

Sounds like a good set up! So ready for mine to be up and running. Only a few more days.......then time to pack it up and get ready for the "big show"!

I finally finished my coro pumpkin and chorus. It looks so good! This is my first Lor and it has been a challenge to get it up and running. I finally figured out how to set up a show but still working out the kinks. I have had shows yesterday and today.

Great! This is my first year LOR Halloween, will be third year LOR Christmas. Take some pics or videos and post; would love to see your display!

been up and running since the 8th, I was going to wait until the 14th but after getting everything up and testing, I went ahead and started. First year LOR and I'm well pleased.

I was trying to edit my original post but I cannot seem to find a way....here is a picture of my set-up. It is not much but I love what I have!

I have not taken a video yet.

post-5662-0-93030300-1318690049.jpg

I was trying to edit my original post but I cannot seem to find a way....here is a picture of my set-up. It is not much but I love what I have!

I have not taken a video yet.

looks great with you landscaping, I would love to see a street view

We are on the air! -- and on the ground, too! A few tweeks left to do. If you decide to drop by, let us know so we will be sure to have the lights on when you come by. I'll post pix and vids soon. I must say, our display came out AWESOME this year! PM me if you want our phone number or address.

Got my show running (mostly) on Saturday! Tonight was the first night I added animation to accompany the Jack-o-Lantern arch. There's a few kinks I need to iron out (the animation froze on me at one point and wouldn't move, but the lights did their thing. Then the show froze up!). Anyway, it's coming along! Still lots of fun!

Yeah, been hectic around here, too. Been putting 8 hrs a day in since Monday working on setup. A few more props to finish tonight and in the morning. Plan to start shows at 7 pm tomorrow night.

Poured some post footings today, i have to lift my show above a 6ft retaining wall on the side of the house, at least everyone will have a good view !!!!!!

Hope to go live Sunday, monday at the latest !!!!!!! too much to do no time to do it !!!!!!!!

Wow, a lot of work there! I got mine finally done today, only to have all my controllers go screwy. Seems all but one are having issues with their comm ports where cat5 cable plugs in. You have to move them around to get it to make connection. Anybody know anyone that services controllers? This is only their third year in use!

First full show ran tonight! Loved it! Made a few tweaks here and there, changed some arrangements, blah, blah, blah.........you all know how that goes. All in all I could not be happier with outcome. This is our song lineup:

Opener: It Must Be Halloween

1) Adams Family

2) Ghostbusters

3)Grim Grinning Ghosts

4) Phantom of the Opera

5) Thriller

6)Pumpkin Orange, Pumpkin White

7) Monster Mash...long version

8) Spooky Scary Skeletons

9)This is Halloween

10)Time Warp

11)Don't Stop Believin"...Glee Cast

12)Blow Me Away

13) Purple People Eater

(Will try and get some videos made and post links soon.)

I would really like to thank HolidayCoro, Wowlights, Youtube, and all of you here at PC, for providing excellent products and services as well as assistance and sharing ideas. It really made my first LOR Halloween one to remember. Hope this week brings many visitors and they leave smiling! ...................now, bring on the Christmas Shows!