Flyers For Trick Or Treaters?

flyers for what?

flyers for the christmas display, hours of operation, "tune to", charity collection, dates its running. I know another local guy also a member here made color brochures for his and handed them out, so just was curious if people thought it was a good idea or bad/soliciting.

flyers for the christmas display, hours of operation, "tune to", charity collection, dates its running. I know another local guy also a member here made color brochures for his and handed them out, so just was curious if people thought it was a good idea or bad/soliciting.

Can you say litter!!!

The next day I beter there would be flyers all over the neighbourhood!

Can you say litter!!!

The next day I beter there would be flyers all over the neighbourhood!

no its not like that at all here actually, never any litter from the people trick or treating or visiting the display. never had anything stolen and some of my stuff is 300 feet fromthe house. I have had one damage report.... that was from deer crossing and missing their jumps over my peppermints and string of c-6 lights, but the deer always cross there, jsut 1 time they knocked them down.

We actually pass out candy canes for Halloween. The kids love it. We did pick up17,000 after Christmas last year. Lol. As far as traffic, it really does complicate things. We are outside everynight. Luckily, I have a staff of volunteers that help. Good luck!!!

was thinking about this post at work today while deciding what to get to hand out to the kids.... I dont think I would hand out 'flyers'... but what you could do is get those small little clear candy bags (dollar store?) and fill them with mini chocolate bars or whatever kind of candy and use a twist tie with a very small label on it saying something like "we hope you enjoyed our animated Halloween show on ***** Drive... be sure to come back in December to see our Christmas display".

I think as long as the label is small and inconspicuous, and stays on the twist tie when opened, people would be fine with that.

Just my two cents.

well as far as traffic, the side road by the donation box has cars that only travel on it to and fromt he fire co and also the 7 homes (including mine on it) the front main part of our display, well there is an ex 4-bay school bus garage across the street where you can fit about 20 cars easily. the twist ties are a good idea too ace, never thought of that.