I Feel So Violated

So I wasn't able to put up halloween or xmas displays last year due to unemployment, so this year I wanted to come back stronger. I've always used my Mr. Xmas projector in my xmas display only, but this year decided to use it for halloween also.

Last night I'm out getting something from the car and noticed my recently added pumpkin pail totem pole wasn't lit as well as a few strands of lights by the street. I figure someone tripped in the yard and pulled em loose, so I follow the cords to an unplugged end and notice there's another connection missing. I look over and notice my projector is gone....gone...oh man. I said some many choice words and went in the house to tell the wife. She was very unhappy as well, this was her favorite part of the xmas display. What is wrong with people? This really just makes me want to tear it all down. I don't see these things in the stores anymore and I really don't have the money to replace it right now anyway.

Thanks for listening.

For the first time they hit us last year. I felt the same way you did for about 60 seconds. Pack it all up and forget it.

One minute later I decided I would not let them beat me.

We added a lot of things to make it more secure in the past year but the cheapest and best part is we used heavy zip ties and tied ALL OF THE CORDS together. They might mess with something but they are not going to steal anything unless they steal it all and that is not going to happen.

Sorry they got you. I hate that feeling when you see something broken or gone but don't even start to let them beat you. You do this for you and all the folks that view it. It is worth it!

I'll never give up, just so aggravating! I'm already thinking about how to protect my xmas display. Lots of electrical tape and zip ties! Gonna add time to setup, but I'm not taking a chance on any of my Mr. Xmas's being jacked, that would ruin my display for sure.

The thing that bothers me is they didn't vandalize anything which really makes me believe it was somebody that knew what they wanted and planned it out.

It is sad that people have to be such jerks, I hope you can find another one. I have one and if anyone steals it they will only get the one slide, I hope that was the case with yours also because it's next to impossible to find extra slides if you lose one. You might can sell your other slides on ebay for enough to help buy a new one actually.

It is sad that people have to be such jerks, I hope you can find another one. I have one and if anyone steals it they will only get the one slide, I hope that was the case with yours also because it's next to impossible to find extra slides if you lose one. You might can sell your other slides on ebay for enough to help buy a new one actually.

yeah, just the pumpkin slide

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely feel your pain. Except for last year, when we didn't put up a display, we've been vandalized every year since 2004. Three times in 2006. Last year I just gave up. I didn't want the aggravation. We’ve since moved and I’ll try again this year, but if we get vandalized again, I’ll definitely hang it up forever; I mean, what’s the point?

I put my lights up on Saturday, and sometime during the night someone took my deer and make them do nasty things. The lights were on all night, and then even unplugged some of the deer to move them around.

I'm going to use cables and very long stakes and secure them to the ground, as well as zip tie the plugs to the extension cords. I'm researching security cameras.

I put my lights up on Saturday, and sometime during the night someone took my deer and make them do nasty things. The lights were on all night, and then even unplugged some of the deer to move them around.

I cant help but lol. Although I'd be pretty ticked off if it happened to me.

I'm going to use cables and very long stakes and secure them to the ground, as well as zip tie the plugs to the extension cords. I'm researching security cameras.

That method works well until soneone cuts the cords.

• 2 weeks later...

They'll need to bring some decent sized bolt cutters to cut this cable. It's not of guy wire cabling I'm using. And even if they get the stakes out of the ground, they'll have to drag whole sections of the display around. Either that or cut live wiring.

I'd like to see it, can you post a pic? Also, a pic of "zip tying the plugs?"

I'll try to get a pic once the rain stops around here. The cable I'm using is coated clothes line cable. If someone gets thru it, I'll get thicker cable....etc....

The zip tying....Just fold the wire from the light string back along side the extension cord and wrap a zip tie around that. They might be able to unplug something, but to unplug and walk away with an item will require them taking several items and extension cords as well.