Ridge Line Lighting...

How do you guys mount lights to the ridges of your house? On my last house I had one ridge line and just hot glued lights to it. We've now built a new house with multiple ridges and I want to do something different. I thought about shingle clips but we are on a corner and I want to be able to see it from all angles.

I am stapling my C9s to 2" strips of 3/8 plywood primed and painted black. It rests closer to the tops of the hips and ridges and I will use shingle clips fit into the tops of the ridge shingles every 2 ft or so, rather than on the sides. Zip tie the strips to the clips. I'm putting them together now, haven't actually put them in yet, but that's the plan.

We used lattice trim channel pieces. It's the kind where you slid the lattice panels into the track to hold them in place.We use LED strwberry lights. They are snug , but with a little wiggle they will slid into the channels. Than we just use a screw long enough to hold the track in place on our roof. It keeps the lights straight up and in a perfect line.

• 2 weeks later...

I use that lattice trim stuff too but just for the house ends (zip tie them to the downspouts) and to run LED's around the bottom of the deck.. I've used them for 3 years this will be my 4rth and every year they get wider and wider lol I had to use zip ties to tighten the gap so that the lights would stay in them. But other than that they work great!

1/2" white PVC pipe with 8" legs attached to opposing "TEEs" . The legs straddle the ridge. Then I attach the lights (C-9) with individual clips.

At each set of legs I have a #14 wire running between them which then attaches to two clips under the shingles.

I have two rows of C-9 @ 12" OC and a row of Ultra Brte minis @ 4" OC. On a 25 ft run of pipe I only have 4-5 double connects to the shingles. I can install the lights on the pipe on the ground, place on roof and just do final positioning / adjust to the lights

• 3 weeks later...

Plain ol' binder clips that you can buy at Staples or any office supply house work best for me--no nails, no glue, easy to take down. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but learned this here on a fourm at planetchristmas.com. I paint the clips the color of the roof. I do like VK's method; if I had a tile roof, I'd definitely go that route.

post-4357-0-59641000-1323445990.jpg

Edited by Kevin_317