Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
scotty2403

What Would You Guys Do In This Situation?

A few weeks ago I sold a member on this forum (who shall remain nameless) a blow mold. The blow mold was shipped to him two and a half weeks ago. He has not received it yet. Now I know how the USPS has been lately because when I bought a TPI blow mold snowman a month ago it took me almost three weeks to get (I got the blow mold from the same state I shipped this blow mold too). I did not think to keep track of the tracking number because I've never had a problem with anything arriving from the USPS before. The guy has e-mailed me a few times asking for the tracking number. I told him I did not have it but assured him that the blow mold was shipped. He e-mailed me last night threatening to contact paypal and smear my name on the forums that I never shipped the blow mold to him.

I told this guy in an e-mail I sent this morning I'm a true Christian and would never do anybody wrong. I also told him that after this I probably won't be selling to anybody else on these boards because he's left a really bad taste in my mouth. I can't help what the USPS does and doesn't do. All I can do is ship the blow mold. What do you think I should do? Is there anything I can do?

I would refund his money as soon as possible. If the blow mold ever does make it to the destination, he could then pay you. He put trust in you to ship it to him after paying you, so you should trust him to pay you if and when he receives it. Although you say you've never had a problem with the USPS, you HAVE to know things get lost, sidetracked, or damaged when shipping, and having a tracking # just makes good sense. Consider it a lesson learned. Your good name is worth more than any blow mold. As for the buyer, you said "he's left a really bad taste in my mouth." But consider that, he has acted in good faith by paying you but hasn't received his purchase. I would be upset too. Hopefully, it shows up soon and both of you are satisfied.

Did you purchase insurance or delivery confirmation? How do you know if he actually did receive the blowmold and is trying to scam you?

Fedex is soo much cheaper for shipping blowmolds, plus they include tracking and insurance up to $100.

i agree refund money. I sold a laserdisc one time and dude said the audio was bad and he wasnt happy so i refunded his money when he mentioned it NOW maybe the audio was good maybe it was bad but its wise thing to do is believe in most people. He didnt send disc back but whatever im out of 13 bucks. I have had all great transactions except for that one and i didnt refund paypal fees just shipping and product price. I hear ya on ups usps fedex etc we have same problems. Just easier to refund and let it go. if he got it and doesnt pay hes a theif if he does says im sorry i hot headed and pays and understands about the shipping problems all is well. One time i went to fix this guys AC well that house was HOT!!!!!!!!!!! and that guy was mad i thought a few times he could have killed me with his evil looks BUT when the air started flowing he couldnt have been nicer. My point is if you were in same situation you be kinda hot too not knowing whats going on Dont take offense to anything people say just smile and fix the problem one way or another :) AND people love updates ALWAYS REMEBER THAT! Even if its a phonecall to shipping company and relay whats going on. Being left in the dark sucks!

Edited by FrostNsnow

i agree refund money. I sold a laserdisc one time and dude said the audio was bad and he wasnt happy so i refunded his money when he mentioned it NOW maybe the audio was good maybe it was bad but its wise thing to do is believe in most people. He didnt send disc back but whatever im out of 13 bucks. I have had all great transactions except for that one and i didnt refund paypal fees just shipping and product price. I hear ya on ups usps fedex etc we have same problems. Just easier to refund and let it go. if he got it and doesnt pay hes a theif if he does says im sorry i hot headed and pays and understands about the shipping problems all is well. One time i went to fix this guys AC well that house was HOT!!!!!!!!!!! and that guy was mad i thought a few times he could have killed me with his evil looks BUT when the air started flowing he couldnt have been nicer. My point is if you were in same situation you be kinda hot too not knowing whats going on Dont take offense to anything people say just smile and fix the problem one way or another :) AND people love updates ALWAYS REMEBER THAT! Even if its a phonecall to shipping company and relay whats going on. Being left in the dark sucks!

No, I just said in the original post I was in this same situation a month ago. Took me almost 3 weeks to receive my blow mold. I was not hot at all. I know things happen and I understand. I will refund his money though.

Edited by scotty2403

I would refund his money as soon as possible. If the blow mold ever does make it to the destination, he could then pay you. He put trust in you to ship it to him after paying you, so you should trust him to pay you if and when he receives it. Although you say you've never had a problem with the USPS, you HAVE to know things get lost, sidetracked, or damaged when shipping, and having a tracking # just makes good sense. Consider it a lesson learned. Your good name is worth more than any blow mold. As for the buyer, you said "he's left a really bad taste in my mouth." But consider that, he has acted in good faith by paying you but hasn't received his purchase. I would be upset too. Hopefully, it shows up soon and both of you are satisfied.

I am a Christian and treat others the way I'd want to treated. Like I said I went through the same thing this guy did but never reacted the way he did...and guess what, I got my blow mold.

... I didn't refund PayPal fees just shipping and product price...

Why not? The fees were refunded to you from PayPal? Having said that, I would have provided a 100% refund, but ONLY when the item was shipped back. I once had an item the buyer "said" arrived broken - it was in so much bubble wrap, you could have safely dropped it from an airplane. The buyer would not ship it back or provide pictures. After making my case with PayPal we were both reimbursed.

As for this tread - Don't refund a cent just because the member has no patience. (I cleaned up that response). If the member claims it hasn't arrived in a couple more weeks, then you may be on the hook. BTW: Keep those Tracking Numbers.

Last year I purchased a TPI Ghost with Tombstone from someone on this board, and it got lost in the mail. Thankfully, the seller offered (and I agreed) to purchase insurance on the mold before it was sent. When the item never arrived on my doorstep (even though the USPS had it marked as delivered), we were able to get the money back from the USPS, and I got my refund.

I understand where you are coming from, but while the buyer has the responsibility to pay the seller in a timely manner, the seller also has the responsibility to ensure that the buyer receives the item, including keeping the tracking number, and offering insurance. Just my two cents.

If you kept your shipping reciept you would have the tracking number... I always keep all emails and tracking info AND pay for insurance lol safe beats sorry everytime!!

I would explain to the buyer the situation you encountered with the long ship time and ask that (s)he be patient a little longer and if there was no mold by a certain date that you would be happy to issue a refund.

In the future ALWAYS get the tracking number and provide it to the buyer. That's your proof that you shipped it out. Good luck in getting this resolved and sorry that this has left you with a bad experience.

I don't think two and a half weeks is that long to wait for a blow mold, and certainly not nearly long enough to get hot headed about it and make threats. Personally, I think waiting another week or so for it to arrive isn't asking too much, and any refund should wait till then.

(And hang on to those Delivery Confirmation numbers!)

Why not? The fees were refunded to you from PayPal? Having said that, I would have provided a 100% refund, but ONLY when the item was shipped back. I once had an item the buyer "said" arrived broken - it was in so much bubble wrap, you could have safely dropped it from an airplane. The buyer would not ship it back or provide pictures. After making my case with PayPal we were both reimbursed.

They were not refunded to me Theres fees for paypal transactions are not free I dunno if you notice but everytime you do a transaction they charge you

I didnt get a refund i was selling If im misunderstanding you im sorry But Its only 13 bucks no lose really

Edited by FrostNsnow

One more thing...

NEVER tell your customer that you have lost the tracking number. That is telling the customer that you have no way to prove that they have received the package. That is setting yourself up to be scammed.

I had a simular problem as a buyer the seller said it was ahipped and didn't know anything else . i had to track down the package myself turned out it was sitting at the senders postoffice awaiting additional postage. you might want to call the office you sent it from and insure it's not still sitting there.Hope that helps

Guest Mr. Griswold

I think you two should work it out privately. This thread may not help the situation to be honest. People tend to take sides and then it makes the situation bigger then it is especially since the buyer will see this. In the future always pay for the delivery confirmation number. I have had my share of issues with ebay buyers and I will tell you what that little number is your best defense. Good luck and hopefully both sides can enjoy the Holidays.

You are right this is a private matter between the two of us. The ony reason I started this thread is he told me he was going to tell everybody on here that I never shipped the blow mold to him and he was scammed. Thought I'd just post it before he did. I refunded him the money with a little extra and there's no need for this discussion to go any further.

Thanks!

To make tracking number seem very important. I just bought a mold from a fellow PC'er and he sent me a resonse like "your mold has shipped and the tracking number is......" Now i dont have to bother him about shipping it and I can see where it is and when it will be here.. from the east cost why do they send something to Nashville and then BACK to Knoxville?? LOL

Jim

Those tracking numbers are kind of significant to the buyer. In the future, try not to delete the messages that contain them so that yiou can pass them on to the buyer.

To make tracking number seem very important. I just bought a mold from a fellow PC'er and he sent me a resonse like "your mold has shipped and the tracking number is......" Now i dont have to bother him about shipping it and I can see where it is and when it will be here.. from the east cost why do they send something to Nashville and then BACK to Knoxville?? LOL

Jim

I just had a fellow pc get blow molds two days ago after two and half weeks. Why in the world is it taking the USPS so long to ship stuff!? Even with a tracking number it is so frustrating the delay in shipments.

Oh, BTW I found my receipt with the tracking number and tried to use it on the USPS site and it wouldn't accept it as a valid tracking number so wonder what's up with that!?

Edited by scotty2403

Call the local post office and give them the number. I've found that to be occasionally helpful when the on-line system couldn't find a package.

Are you sure it's a tracking number? Or is it a label number? I typically ship with insurance only and don't get a tracking number, i get a label number that doesn't track the shipment through the deliver. It does tell me when the package has been delivered.

I had to wait over 2 weeks to receive a parcel post that was only a 2 hr drive away. And they wonder why they're losing $$$.

Unfortunately, scanning of those delivery confirmation numbers isn't always consistent. I've had blow molds shipped to me where I got the eBay shipping notice because the label was printed through eBay. I go to www.usps.com and it says they've been notified of the expected delivery but haven't received it. Then, that status never gets changed until the item actually arrives at my PO box. Which means, the label never got scanned anywhere along the way. In that case, from the buyers point of view, it looks like the label was printed, but the item never shipped.

I got the mold I spoke of that was shipped Monday today, Wednesday !! Of course it was fed ex! Which i regularly use when shipping large things. I have to ship out a mickey as soon as I can find a box (sorry about the delay Shawn!) and it will probably go USPS with insurance and such.. UNLESS I can get my wife to take it to FEDEX LOL

Jim

One more thing...

NEVER tell your customer that you have lost the tracking number. That is telling the customer that you have no way to prove that they have received the package. That is setting yourself up to be scammed.

You are right. I have the tracking number now though. I always had it but I've had a lot on my mind lately and forgot where I put my receipt. I shipped 3 seperate blow molds that same day and both other people have gotten their blow molds so I find it hard to believe that this one hasn't/won't arrive. His was packaged in a box while the others were bubble wrapped. I would think the bubble wrapped molds would get lost in the mail before one in a box would but I don't know.

With that being said we can close this thread now. I should probably have never started this to begin with. I just didn't want this guy to post this on here and get you guys thinking I stole his money. Thanks!

Edited by scotty2403