Illinois Displays

Mcas4380

I'm about a week behind due to LOR delays, bad weather, and busy work schedule. Goal was black friday, now it's the next weekend. 17 trees are wrapped for tree line, mega poles are ready for lights, couple days left for the roof, then lights on windows and ground. On top of all that I need to solder 6 more LOR boards :wacko:. I will get there eventually. Tripling the display size this year has been a lot of work.

I have 99% of lights up and power cords run. Still have to fix several wire frames that don't work. (should have fixed at end of last season but I got lazy) Controllers working fine untill last weekend when one out of two GFCI started tripping on my 30A controller. I hope it's a simple fix and I don't have to bring the megger from work to test each extension cord.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had 6 or 7 cars consistently since I started up the animation. I've had 150 facebook likes in the past 3 days! lol Champaign News-Gazette is running a story in the Sunday paper and WCIA will feature us on the news soon....crossing my fingers for no traffic problems. I'm counting on 30 miles being too far for people to drive, but some people have already proven me wrong.

Brandon...I'm going to try to make it over to Bloomington sometime to check out your display in person. Looking forward to it. My sister who goes to ISU already stopped by and said it looks great.

Brandon...I'm going to try to make it over to Bloomington sometime to check out your display in person. Looking forward to it. My sister who goes to ISU already stopped by and said it looks great.

Let me know when, so I make sure I'll be home.

It was a very busy night tonight!

Yeah I know, everywhere is sold out. I bought 120 boxes of clears at Menards couple days ago...the last of anything in any store. They had 40 boxes of red and green 5 days ago, but all sold out before I could grab 'em at 35% off :(. Looks like any adding I do will be arches or something like that since all I have is clears for next year.