Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Lights on Light Street Ct

Lor Questions That I Can't Seem To Find

I know there is alot of People out there already with LOr controllers i know my question should be out there somewhere but hers the situation

I do not have LOR but i need to kow the Length of the Plugs coming out from the control Box - i am building a small shed like structure on the side of my house where i can run a whole dedicated power source from my fuse panel in the shed will be a normal outside 4 way plug i know the height i got to make that but i would like to know how long the wires are so i know how high i got to make the roof to this little shed where LOr and power will be locked up when in and out of useand so i can keep all the extension cords tucked away in

now can LOR be wired into a fuse panel to make say each breaker a channel to make a whole house sync like ive had my house wired something like this - one breaker for plugs along the wall PER room one for light's Per room and one Per A/c or heater depending on season so basically in each room of my small 12 room house there is 3 breakers - is there a way to use my fuse panel as like an extended extension sords or would the 200amp main burn out LOR?

If i have my PC in my Basement i know i need to run wire to my speaker from my PC which i have done. Im running and making a shed like thing outside where i am also running a dedicated power source

- should i use 15 or 20 amp breaker?

- in that shed ill have LOR's i guess Control boxes Do i need to run the Cat5 or USB from my PC to the Controller's i know each LOR gets connected to each other by cat5 but what do i connect between the LOr and my PC

- The converter can that be outside or is it best to keep close to my PC?

on one channel of LOR how many light strands can i put on each i am currently running the belief that one 100 light strand is per channel how much can i increase that? i am no electrical anything just your basic inteligency here three wires ground hot neutral. and i can read and learn

But how many strands of 100 bulb mini lights can i add per channel?

and if went and got LED how many of those can be put on one channel?

Edited by Gary ODonnell Jr

Gary - it would make sense to set up a breaker box/sub panel with 2 dedicated 20 amp breakers for each controller. Why? Depending on what controller you get they will be rated for 30 or 40 amps.

The power cords for the CTB16PC LOR boxes are 6' long.

You will need to run a LAN(RJ45) cable from your PC to the first LOR controller. You can "jumper" the controllers with additional LAN cables if they are going to all be relatively close to each other. If you need to branch out in 2 directions because your controllers are in different locations, you can use a LAN splitter(cheap) to head out in 2 different directions.

As far as power consumption/amp draw, each typical strand of 100 ct incandescent bulbs draws about .33 amps. So, you can do some math based on how many lights or strings you plan on running. 10 strings=3.33amps.

LOR boards can handle 8 amps max per channel.

If you plan on using LED's you may want to consider getting full wave, sealed strings from a Planet Christmas vendor rather than in a typical big box store. Why? The cheap 1/2 wave LED's will never fade and shimmer like a typical incandescent string will but full wave ones will. Also - LED's use nearly 10x less power so you can use a lot more lights.

I know there is alot of People out there already with LOr controllers i know my question should be out there somewhere but hers the situation

I do not have LOR but i need to kow the Length of the Plugs coming out from the control Box - i am building a small shed like structure on the side of my house where i can run a whole dedicated power source from my fuse panel in the shed will be a normal outside 4 way plug i know the height i got to make that but i would like to know how long the wires are so i know how high i got to make the roof to this little shed where LOr and power will be locked up when in and out of useand so i can keep all the extension cords tucked away in

They are short: a foot or less, but you can make homemade adapters to any length you want. The power cords are a decent 5 or 6 feet.

Edited by s8830906

you can use a LAN splitter(cheap) to head out in 2 different directions.

You can do this with LOR controllers? I thought you could not use a hub (a splitter is like a little 2 port hub).

I thought they had to be daisy chained together.

Naw - works fine for me. I've tried different configurations and they seem to work fine no matter where you put them as long as they're properly addressed first.