Holdman Trees At Lowes

These trees look similar to Holdman's trees, but I don't think they are the same, other than the "gumdrops". I know holdman's trees are made out of thick wire, similar to what wireframes are made out of, and this tree looks a little bit shabby to me; but that's just my opinion. I've been looking around for some Holdman-like trees, but I haven't found any that are any taller than 3 feet.

If I remember correctly, he got his at a drug store. All 9 of them were pre-lit with clear lights. He increased it from 400 to 1000, then added 1000 red and green. He did mention that the branches were stronger than the average Walmart twig tree. They'd have to be, with 3000 lights wrapped around them! Don't forget, he also used all white wire lights as well. Finding 10 boxes to do 1 tree is hard, now you need 90 plus some for spare!

My white trees where bought at Home Depot back in 2005 for 75% off. I think normally they were $80 or so but was able to buy 10 for $20 each. They each came with 1000 lights which is something I have never seen since then and usually the white twig trees you see don't have as many branches and lights. I bought some at target a few years ago and they just don't look the same.

I then bought red lights with white wire at wal-mart and then spent a whole day hitting about 12 Walgreens to buy green lights with white wire.

The trees are starting to show their age and some of them have broken in half and I have had to use rebar to make them stand straight.