Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
audirick

Think I Am Wonting A Fm Transmitter Of Deacent Size .

I have found you get what you pay for, I used a Belkin modified for a couple years then went to a EDM this year and the sound quaility is miles a part.

mobile black box (eclipe) is what i use crystal clear easy to use and VERY tough

been looking threw amazon at the whole house units what do yall think on that based on money. take a look and give thaughts ..plz

If you read past posts most of the guys that are happy with their Fm Transmitters either have EDM---Ramsey----Mobile Black Box Those are built the best and have the best sound.........You could have a fantastic show but if the music sounds staticey & Crappy it takes a lot away from all your hard work. Do yourself a favor and don't settle for junk just because it's cheap..........I know cuz I've been there and done that, I learned my lesson the costly way. I currently have a Ramsey FM30 and couldn't be happier with it, the sound is almost commercial quality.

I bought the whole house fm transmitter from lor cant get any channels to work is it because i live in Chicago are the stations to strong to override or is the whole house converter to weak ? thanks for any help Dennis Laff

You'll have to go up and down the FM band and find a frequency that is not used or is very weak them set your transmitter to that frequency and you should be good to go!! Remember with that type of unit you will only broadcast maybe 500 ft. but that might be good enough.

can you guys give me a few links on the suggested units to use to transmit . just wona be sure i am looking at the right units to get the job done. on the moble black box i see the v6000 realy often and the ramsey fb 25 i believe . just wonting good range basicly over kill that i could turn down or up for my needs.

Edited by audirick

The problem is these are very low end units the mobile black box is a 6000 unit and does only mono IMO thers a much better sound coming from the sterio units the other unit I think is HLLY and there bad news I read on another forum they ar not mfg to exact specs and can potentially interfere with rescue units FIRE-AMBULANCE-POLICE.........I think I stated in my other posts you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! I look for lower end lights etc and get a better Transmitter My 2 cents>>>>>

that what i wont to do honestly just not sure of what units i should consider so link me to a few good options plz i wont to do it once and be done on that part of the set up. i wont wont to order soon just cant come to a pick of what to get??

can anyone give me a idea of the ramsey fm 25b or the fm 30 assembly? picks would help considdering one of the kits to build. it looks like all push thew and tie in place to me but wona be shure what i am getting into. even rate it as of skill level or how hard if ya like . scares me a bit at the cost of unit to buy and mess up or not work right ect.

The Ramsey FM25 & 30 are basicly the same units the major difference is on the 30 you can make all your adjustmsnts & settings on the front panel, on the 25 you have to do it inside the unit ...........If you have concerns about assemblying the unit you can do like I did and have some electronics shoppe in your town put it together for you.

The Ramsey FM25 & 30 are basicly the same units the major difference is on the 30 you can make all your adjustmsnts & settings on the front panel, on the 25 you have to do it inside the unit ...........If you have concerns about assemblying the unit you can do like I did and have some electronics shoppe in your town put it together for you.

yeah i do a bit. just would like to see the internals first hand or by pick they look like they layed it out as far as spaceing parts to be a bit easyer to put togeather.also hard to pay x amount of cash for a box of parts lol.one of the 30 systems was on e bay for 300 assembled but who knows if it was the real deal. so honestly what maker would you guys use over all...also a question holding me back.

Have used this for two seasons now with zero problems. It did need to have a 20db attenuator placed between the antenna and rf output to keep the range down to legal limits, however.

http://www.dagcoelec...m-transmitter-2

I used this Dagco transmitter I boughtoff ebay this last fall throughout thisChristmas season - no problems - knock on wood. With the small whip attached it broadcast a good 100 yards around my house, with the extendable whip antenna it broadcast a good city block, I thought about an attenuator, but didn't pursue. It has the range and didn't seem to drift.

Good luck,

Mike

I am new to the sequenced/music broadcasting area but I just bought a Ramsey 30B and WOW. With the built in rabbit ear(s) I can easily dial in the frequency that I choose and broadcast a clear and clean FM station all the way down the block. With an antenae I amsure it will reach much farther.

Taking the advice from others I wouldn't waste money on anything less than quality.

Edited by RAB

ok looks like a lean to ramsey unit at this point and if fm 25 and 30 are basicly the same why spend the extra cash other than not haveing to open to tune ect i thaught 30 would be stronger or something. no luck for moble black box choice so what unit there that does fm stereo and how does it match up with ramsey unit? sorry guys i research and see what others say..

ok looks like a lean to ramsey unit at this point and if fm 25 and 30 are basicly the same why spend the extra cash other than not haveing to open to tune ect i thaught 30 would be stronger or something. no luck for moble black box choice so what unit there that does fm stereo and how does it match up with ramsey unit? sorry guys i research and see what others say..

meibe u shoold prooof-reed ya poust b4 poustn, jusst sayn

sorry not so good with spelling and typeing.....my bad woops. think its gona be a fm 30? or fm 25 based on money as yall said they are the same but i like the better options right off the rip just hope it is not to bad to build the 30. just none of yall said eather way on building....

ok guys took the advise ramsey fm 30 kit ordered. any advise on build would be great i did get the helping hand magnifier guessing i would need 3rd set of hands. and fresh tools for build ...

The instructions for building are pretty clear. If it's your first time soldering you probably should practice first.

Be careful what you wish for.....a good transmitter will mean folks sitting out in front of your house with their windows open and their stereo blarring. Neighbors two blocks away will hear TSO until they can't take it anymore.